Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

Groups/Clubs in Richmond

Old 06-29-2008, 12:22 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts
Default Groups/Clubs in Richmond

Ive had my bikes now for a few months and would like to find a group that sets up weekend rides, etc.

Ive been to LoneStar and met alot of good guys and got a card from the "Rowdy Ryders" but Im not sure if a lone white dude would be that welcome or if they just havent had a white guy interested yet...(??)

I dont want a stunting group or guys who ride like assholes, but today I took RTE. 5 out towards Williamsburg and saw a huge Harley ride in action and got a little bit jealous that I was riding alone.

If anyone knows a Richmond club, I would love to hear about it.
Old 06-29-2008, 12:25 PM
Registered member

Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random
Default Re: Groups/Clubs in Richmond

clubs are ghey...
Old 06-29-2008, 12:30 PM
Registered Member

95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by FuQnW31rd
clubs are ghey...
On the whole, I agree. I dont want some goofy leather vest or have to wear team colors, but I do want to find a bunch of riders who dont mind heading out on a weekday night or a weekend morning.
Old 06-29-2008, 01:07 PM
Registered member

Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random

i thought there was a website that was like something you are looking for
going to have to find it
Old 06-29-2008, 01:29 PM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by FuQnW31rd
i thought there was a website that was like something you are looking for
going to have to find it
If you mean www.MonkeyRiders.com its not bad, but its not all that lively aside from updates for Thursdays @ Lonestar. Shit, I just looked again and missed a ride this morning.

Maybe Ill start frequenting it a bit more, or maybe just setting up my own rides...
Old 06-29-2008, 01:44 PM
Ich liebe Bier

BuiltforSin BuiltforSin BuiltforSin BuiltforSin BuiltforSin BuiltforSin BuiltforSin BuiltforSin BuiltforSin BuiltforSin BuiltforSin

Clubs are gay. I've never been, but I think on Sunday mornings people meet up at the Sheetz across from West Broad Honda/Hyundai and go out to the mountains and shit.

I'm still waiting for my bike.
Old 06-29-2008, 01:56 PM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by mugenej8power
Clubs are gay. I've never been, but I think on Sunday mornings people meet up at the Sheetz across from West Broad Honda/Hyundai and go out to the mountains and shit.

I'm still waiting for my bike.
I searched and saw the people meet there. Only downside seemed to be alot of them went down on those rides: One ride had 4 of them go down....

When is your bike set to be done...seems like its been getting fixed for awhile now.
Old 06-29-2008, 04:26 PM
Ich liebe Bier

BuiltforSin BuiltforSin BuiltforSin BuiltforSin BuiltforSin BuiltforSin BuiltforSin BuiltforSin BuiltforSin BuiltforSin BuiltforSin

Yeah they said they fucked up the last bike and left something out so they had to set mine aside to re-paint the other one. I was pissed, but I'm being patient. They've only had my bike for a couple weeks.

And yeah a lot of those people have been down. That's the bad part of group rides.
Old 06-29-2008, 04:36 PM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by mugenej8power
And yeah a lot of those people have been down. That's the bad part of group rides.
I dont think it needs to be inherent in a group ride to have people going down, but it does seem to be a common theme. I guess you get the really advanced guys pushing hard and the newer guys who are embarassed to be slow or who think they will be holding up the pack who push too hard for their experience level and go down.

I'll admit I'm still new to riding, but Im confident enough to be able to pull back when things get too hot for me or if I drastically leave my comfort zone.

I guess finding some riders to cruise some backroads and twisties at a fast pace but without feeling the need to drag knees would be what Im looking for.
Old 06-29-2008, 06:27 PM
Registered Member

KiLLa BeE is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by 95RogueM3
If you mean www.MonkeyRiders.com its not bad, but its not all that lively aside from updates for Thursdays @ Lonestar. Shit, I just looked again and missed a ride this morning.

Maybe Ill start frequenting it a bit more, or maybe just setting up my own rides...
Didn't I tell you about this site ?

Quick Reply: Groups/Clubs in Richmond