Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

Got Some Questions

Old 06-21-2004, 07:12 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
94GT has disabled reputation
Exclamation Got Some Questions

I've been intrested in motorcycles for a while now but in about a month or two I'm going to be taking the begginers and advance classes at Thomas Nelson Community College...I have never riding a dirt bike, mini bike, etc... there for I have no clue about them... I want to get a used bike to start out with... but I dont know what would be a good bike to start with..I want to eventually get a Ninja... so If any of you could give me some tips, and advice on bikes/ how to ride, i would apprectiate it...

Aim = Blakes94GT

Thanks
Old 06-21-2004, 08:36 PM
Patron

Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus
Default Re: Got Some Questions

http://www.beginnerbikes.com/
Old 06-22-2004, 07:12 AM
Registered Member

thanks
Old 06-22-2004, 02:18 PM
Registered Member

aight well i was lookin there and this bike seems to be the best one to start with i guess

Kawasaki Ninja 250R

only thing i dont really like is the sitting up right part..but i'll eventually move up... anyway have any of you ridin one of these if so please let me know how they are..
Old 06-22-2004, 03:00 PM
_______

_____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____

the riding position isnt much diffrent than a sports touring bike. For a beginner they are perfect because of the position, you wont get as fatigued(sp).
Old 06-22-2004, 03:41 PM
Yup, jolly poopbuggy

Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey

I have a friend that is selling a 250cc Ninja. Its an 02 or an 03. If you're interested in a used one, let me know. Most people who start on beginer bikes are able to sell the bike a year or so later and lose little to none of their money. I would definetly buy used for a first bike.

Thank you for not coming in here saying your first bike was going to be one of the liter class sport bikes. We salute you for that
Old 06-22-2004, 04:04 PM

20lb.teg is an unknown quantity at this point

Very true about the position! Why do you want something leaned over??? I see no reason for you to be woried about a leaned over position for a beginer bike. If you have never rode anything before then you will want someting witha s wide as bars as possible and an upright riding position as possible. Reason beaing is that I can take a yamaha road star and handle at 2 miles an hour 1000 times better than my R6. Sportbikes really were designed to be stable for very high speeds and because of that really aren't as stable when going slow (25-50 mph) a cruiser is designed for those speeds in mind so they are more manuverable at those speeds. Now a Ninja 250 isn't a cruiser but the same principle applies. It was designed for a lower speeds and thus it is much more suited for the street (in the sense that the speeds more closely match what you will actually be riding.) I hope you can make heads or tails of this, email or PM me if you have any questions. And Lastlly... I really recommend the Ninja 250 for a beginner bike. It's a pretty good bike and if you are worried about power I have been passed by Ninja's at the track before. If you learn how to ride well on that bike then you will be that much better on a larger bike later.

Later,

Sean C.
Old 06-22-2004, 07:06 PM
Registered Member

thanks for all your help imma hit you up teg
Old 06-22-2004, 07:25 PM
Va Beach Coast Rider

CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4

Originally Posted by 94GT
aight well i was lookin there and this bike seems to be the best one to start with i guess

Kawasaki Ninja 250R

only thing i dont really like is the sitting up right part..but i'll eventually move up... anyway have any of you ridin one of these if so please let me know how they are..
A man with a head on his shoulders!!!!!!! I like you already dude.

My girl owns an 03 Kawi Ninja 250; I've ridden it plenty of times and I love it!!!!! Great choice for a first bike!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-22-2004, 07:32 PM
Registered Member

ha! thanks and im going to Thomas Nelson to take classes the beginner one then the advanced then i'll get my ninja then from there i'll learn and get a bigger bike

Quick Reply: Got Some Questions