Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

Got my M class

Old 11-30-2007, 11:30 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TheMx3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Got my M class

Well im happy, got my M class today. Had my permit for about a month but only rode the bike maybe 5 days then went to the dmv to do the road test. YAY!!

Just wanted to clear up what the road test is at the dmv (newportnews) because i seen alot of new riders (or old riders with no license) ask what the test actually is.

Well first they make u go straight and make a left 90 degree turn inside of these lines ( pretty close couple feet apart.) and then keep going around and make a slow controlled stop with your front tire inside a square box(cant be touching lines and u cant put your foot down until your stopped and inside the lines) cant skid either.

Then comes the staggered cone weave course. About 5 cones and you have to weave through them at any speed. Cant put your foot down or hit cones. then u continue around and do a wide u turn with in the lines (how big the lines are depend on you CC size.)

Then you do a fast accelerating and once u cross the red cones you stop as fast and as safe as u can. Skidding does not matter.
After that u accelerate again and once u pass that same red cone you have to either make a right or left turn really quick and dodge a red line and then come to a controlled stopped. And thats it. I passed with only one deduction i ran over one cone in the weave.

You get 3 points deducted for every foot down and more for other things like hitting cones. I think if u pass 10 points u fail. I thought it was pretty simple and ive only been riding for days. The weave was the hardest and i can see that giving people probs...just keep your head up and dont accidently bleep the throttle . u can go as slow as you want.

Well thats it... oh and i would like to point out that there is still TONS of stuff i need to learn about how to rider bikes and what not and mi not gonna go out there and think im some pro just because i passed the dmv test : ) Ill be taking her easy.

Last edited by TheMx3; 11-30-2007 at 12:07 PM.
Old 11-30-2007, 12:56 PM
Registered Member

tundrafiend01 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Got my M class

Congratulations on passing the DMV test. One suggestion I would make is to take the MSF course even though you have the M Class on your license. The MSF course will teach you the right way to do things and hopefully prevent or correct any bad habits that may be forming.

As aforementioned, congratulations. Take it easy and maybe we can get a little NN ride together sometime.

Later.
Old 11-30-2007, 01:05 PM
TPJ
sumospeedDOTcom

TPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by tundrafiend01
Congratulations on passing the DMV test. One suggestion I would make is to take the MSF course even though you have the M Class on your license. The MSF course will teach you the right way to do things and hopefully prevent or correct any bad habits that may be forming.

As aforementioned, congratulations. Take it easy and maybe we can get a little NN ride together sometime.

Later.

Quoted for TRUTH
Old 11-30-2007, 01:14 PM
c'mon

Dmac is a splendid one to beholdDmac is a splendid one to beholdDmac is a splendid one to beholdDmac is a splendid one to beholdDmac is a splendid one to beholdDmac is a splendid one to beholdDmac is a splendid one to behold

congrats i failed mine lol i tried to stay inbetween the 2 lines during that u turn even though I didnt have to worry about the inner line msf soon
for me. did you use your own bike?
Old 11-30-2007, 01:27 PM
Registered member

Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random

MSF ftw
so nice i took it twice

Feel good to be legal eh?
Old 11-30-2007, 01:58 PM
单身的 and loving it :)

Kells<3's Bikes is on a distinguished road

Congrats!! I took the msf course and it did teach me some good things!
Old 11-30-2007, 04:13 PM
live by the 4 B's

integr8ted has disabled reputation

What kind of bike did you use?
Old 11-30-2007, 04:39 PM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by integr8ted
What kind of bike did you use?
My rf600

Originally Posted by AFwestPunk
MSF ftw
so nice i took it twice

Feel good to be legal eh?
Sure does

Thanx everyones and yea im planning on signing up for that course sooner or later. Ive heard nothing but good shit from people.
Old 12-03-2007, 08:25 AM
beautiful struggle

Quentin has disabled reputation

Congrats, I passed two on my first try, one deduction on the weave (food went down). Did you practice the course b4 hand or just go all willy nilly.
Old 12-03-2007, 09:57 AM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Quentin
Congrats, I passed two on my first try, one deduction on the weave (food went down). Did you practice the course b4 hand or just go all willy nilly.

I did not practice the actual course, just rode around my neighborhood until i felt comfy riding it.

Quick Reply: Got my M class