Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

Good Transporter

Old 05-17-2006, 09:07 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Night Ryder Night Ryder Night Ryder Night Ryder Night Ryder Night Ryder Night Ryder Night Ryder Night Ryder Night Ryder Night Ryder
Default Good Transporter

i need to get truck that can hold the bike. i don't want an SUV, cause i don't want to have to get a trailer (besides, i have no place to keep it) i'm looking at a silverado or an avalanche. i really like the new 07 avalanche, but i'm not sure if a bike will fit in the bed. does anyone know for sure?
Old 05-17-2006, 09:29 AM

DC4INTEGRA DC4INTEGRA DC4INTEGRA DC4INTEGRA DC4INTEGRA DC4INTEGRA DC4INTEGRA DC4INTEGRA DC4INTEGRA DC4INTEGRA DC4INTEGRA
Default Re: Good Transporter

my buddy has a explorer sport trac and his r6 fits back there with the tailgate down, so it should fit fine
Old 05-17-2006, 09:42 AM
Registered Member

Night Ryder Night Ryder Night Ryder Night Ryder Night Ryder Night Ryder Night Ryder Night Ryder Night Ryder Night Ryder Night Ryder

thanks
Old 05-17-2006, 05:15 PM
B D R Crew

specialk1000 is an unknown quantity at this point

ya I have put a 1000 gsxr in that truck
Old 05-17-2006, 06:43 PM
Whaaaat?

Flyin' Low is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeh I got a Silverado and fits just fine...
Old 05-22-2006, 01:56 PM
Registered Member

lude712 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Flyin' Low
Yeh I got a Silverado and fits just fine...
so what did you do...put the bike on the back and cruised the strip with it and say"yeah thats my gixxer aint it pretty...hahahaha...you should park @ bp....so how many miles do you have now....101 and still have the break in oil?????? yo let me ride that around for you @ least you wont be wasting your money.....it aint a trophy bitch....dont be scrurred.....hahaahahahaha

yours truly,
your cuzo
Old 05-22-2006, 03:54 PM
Registered Member

xshanex has disabled reputation

with gas prices like they are its hard to justify a truck just to carry a bike but if you're going to get a truck either way..... What else if anything are you looking at? crew cabs? extended cabs? full size? mid size? compact? 4wd? 2wd?

my 06 tacoma trd 4wd crew cab fits a bike in the back with the tailgate down just like I intended and other than needing a 4-6" drop hitch also tows fine. If you're going new I'd get a honda or toyota truck as they hold their value best. Nissan makes a great truck and is somewhere in the middle. The avalanche or silverado won't be worth much in a few years like most GM trucks so are a complete waste to buy new. If buying used then the opposite is true as there are huge bargains to be had with the domestics especially the GM's. Discounts on full size used trucks are huge these days. I wasn't too impressed with the silverado or avalanche when I drove them. They were definitely nice but were at the bottom of my choices when it came to full size trucks with the f150 being my favorite.
Old 05-23-2006, 02:42 AM
Yup, jolly poopbuggy

Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey

I heard about $11k off sticker on new Silverados at Hampton Chevrolet. The only way buying a new GM pickup would be worth it is to save a lot off the sticker...like the above offer.

My dad bought a new Sierra when the new style came out in 99 and has had zero problems. He has 120k miles on the clock...