Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

Getting a tiltle and registering a Bike.

Old 10-29-2007, 07:01 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TheMx3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Getting a tiltle and registering a Bike.

So i got a Noterized Bill of sale (noterized on ft Eustis, guy is military) that says the vehicle and title and all rights assigned over to me. Now the guy does not have the title on him cause the bike is from PA and he lost it. He is working on getting it sent from pa.

My question is can i take this Noterized Bill of sale to the DMV and get a title printed up or register it if i had it insured??
Old 10-29-2007, 10:19 PM
The Douche is here

oodie is infamous around these partsoodie is infamous around these partsoodie is infamous around these partsoodie is infamous around these partsoodie is infamous around these partsoodie is infamous around these partsoodie is infamous around these partsoodie is infamous around these partsoodie is infamous around these partsoodie is infamous around these partsoodie is infamous around these parts
Default Re: Getting a tiltle and registering a Bike.

Im think you will need more than a bill of sale but i got this off the dmv site.

For out-of-state vehicles you will need:

completed Application for Title and Registration (VSA 17A)
proof of address
title or registration card from your previous state of residence or a branch of the United States Armed Forces with your name appearing as owner, OR previous owner's out-of-state title signed over to you
proof of purchase price, such as a buyer's order, bill of sale, or the seller's declared sale price on the title. The bill of sale can be a handwritten statement signed
Old 10-29-2007, 10:30 PM
Registered Member

bmw-m has disabled reputation

the bill of sale goes w the title when u purchase the bike. until u have the the title u cant do shit w the bike. hopefully u havent payed him for the bike yet until he gets the title. all he has to do i contact dmv and they can print him a duplicate for a small fee and then he can sign it over to u. otherwise like i said, ur fucked. shit he couldve sold u a stolen bike meaning u will never b able to register it. good luck though
Old 10-29-2007, 10:36 PM
The Douche is here

oodie is infamous around these partsoodie is infamous around these partsoodie is infamous around these partsoodie is infamous around these partsoodie is infamous around these partsoodie is infamous around these partsoodie is infamous around these partsoodie is infamous around these partsoodie is infamous around these partsoodie is infamous around these partsoodie is infamous around these parts

Well he is not completely fucked. A notarized bill of sale is something but its not a title. I would have not have gave him my money without the title either. I would just stay on his ass till you get it.
Old 10-30-2007, 05:30 AM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by oodie
Well he is not completely fucked. A notarized bill of sale is something but its not a title. I would have not have gave him my money without the title either. I would just stay on his ass till you get it.
Okcool, no i have not paid him yet.
Old 10-30-2007, 06:51 AM
Registered Member

xshanex has disabled reputation

just wait until he gets the title and then give him the cash. It may take a few weeks to get it through the mail or if he ran up to PA he could get it right at the DMV. Don't give him cash until you have a signed title in your hand and if he tries to be a dick or screw you over then go to his command

I don't get what the deal is with people and motorcycle titles? I have lost titles before and it was very easy to get another one printed up at the DMV.
Old 10-30-2007, 12:53 PM
Registered Member

yea im gonna wait for the title till he gets anything. Hopefully it wont take to long