Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

fix for r6's blowing up!

Old 10-30-2007, 07:09 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
seanazzy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default fix for r6's blowing up!

check this out...i've been saying since the beginning of the season that if i
came up with some kinda protection idea for r6 gas tanks (since they're so prone to blowing up because of sharp edges on the tank) i'd be a millionaire...picked up roadracing world today and what's on the
cover...

http://roadracingworld.com/magazine/current-issue/
Old 10-30-2007, 12:43 PM
SV haver

chappe chappe chappe chappe chappe chappe chappe chappe chappe chappe chappe
Default Re: fix for r6's blowing up!

danm!!

Well u kinda failed then... But its ok, just know u thought about it first
Old 10-31-2007, 08:32 AM
aka GSXR

Stea1thy Stea1thy Stea1thy Stea1thy Stea1thy Stea1thy Stea1thy Stea1thy Stea1thy Stea1thy Stea1thy

wtf? they blow up because of sharp edges? one of my friends told me something about that, but i thought they were messin around....whatsup with the gas tanks exploding?
Old 10-31-2007, 10:06 AM
Registered Member

slow4banger has much to be proud ofslow4banger has much to be proud ofslow4banger has much to be proud ofslow4banger has much to be proud ofslow4banger has much to be proud ofslow4banger has much to be proud ofslow4banger has much to be proud ofslow4banger has much to be proud ofslow4banger has much to be proud ofslow4banger has much to be proud ofslow4banger has much to be proud of

is this on all r6's or just the new model? if it affects my bike, its up for sale haha
Old 11-01-2007, 11:39 AM
Registered Member

SeanJohn has disabled reputation

I think im gonna go order that. i cant afford for my bike to go into flames.

Also new R6's motors are going kaboom
Old 11-10-2007, 01:16 PM
Rancer Evorution

Cube has a spectacular aura aboutCube has a spectacular aura aboutCube has a spectacular aura about

Ahhh I'm in the market for my first bike and I've had my eye on R6's for years now ever since my brother had an R1... wtf is this about though? Anybody know somebody personally with the exploding tank issue?

Now I'm gonna look into the gay GSXR more
Old 11-10-2007, 01:57 PM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Cube
Ahhh I'm in the market for my first bike and I've had my eye on R6's for years now ever since my brother had an R1... wtf is this about though? Anybody know somebody personally with the exploding tank issue?

Now I'm gonna look into the gay GSXR more
Supposely the tanks has sharp edges on it and some of the tanks are catching on fire. They have a fix for it. You can buy tanksliders that covers the entire thank but they look ugly as hell. They also have smaller ones that are 1/4 inch ABS thermoplastic. The company who making them tested it out and were put on a track bike which wrecked at 120mph and they held up nicely.

the 06-07 motors have friction problems. which some of the motors have been spinning bearings. Yamaha has a fix for it which calls for wider bearings. So if you do buy an 06-07 just take it easy and check the oil for copper shavings.

I have an 07 with 17xx miles and still runs like a champ.

The new 08's just came out and they had 50 friction reducing mods. and ofcourse yamaha motor company put wider bearings in. So idealy the 08 is a better buy.

Also spend the extra money on the Y.E.S program they will cover everything. incul. the motor.

That is all
Old 11-10-2007, 03:38 PM
Rancer Evorution

Cube has a spectacular aura aboutCube has a spectacular aura aboutCube has a spectacular aura about

Well I kinda wanted an 03-05, used. This'll be my very first bike, I'm definitely not buying new.

When I do buy new that'll be long after I've gotten used to the (hopefully) R6, then I'll get myself a brand new R1 some years down the road.

So what years is this issue for? All?
Old 11-10-2007, 04:05 PM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Cube
Well I kinda wanted an 03-05, used. This'll be my very first bike, I'm definitely not buying new.

When I do buy new that'll be long after I've gotten used to the (hopefully) R6, then I'll get myself a brand new R1 some years down the road.

So what years is this issue for? All?
Its for the 06-07 models

The older R6 are very nice bikes.

I wish i had an older r6. once i herd about these problems. lol my bike trade in value is like 5 grand. and its only been 3 months.

But def. do your research and for your 1st bike stick to a 600.

Oh yeah Check out Sevacycles.com. its a bike forum for this area that Gazoo and I run. Alot of cool guys to ride with.
Old 11-10-2007, 04:27 PM
TPJ
sumospeedDOTcom

TPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the rough

Yeah I wish you had known about this before, you could've bought an R6s instead of the R6. Oh well. What were you saying about talking to Yamaha?

Quick Reply: fix for r6's blowing up!