Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

First adventures on ridin a bike

Old 03-18-2006, 06:58 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bustadust can only hope to improve
Default First adventures on ridin a bike

well due to the fact that i live on a private road training for my first ride was good. I am now ridin up n down my street, still learning how to turn sharply. you guys werent lyin when u said it has great low end-torque, on my 2nd straight away ride i rolled the throttle a lil too hard made the front wheel come up a few inches(i got a sv 650 S suzuki) but man its so fukin fun, tommorow im gonna take it off my street and explore the other neighborhoods and get more confidence then maybe i can ride wif some of you guys lol.
Old 03-18-2006, 07:38 PM
Registered Member

lYellowDragonl has disabled reputation
Default Re: First adventures on ridin a bike

yup i lifted the bike in 2nd many times when i had it! great bike! have fun
Old 03-18-2006, 09:07 PM
Chillaxin

Mr.6 Mr.6 Mr.6 Mr.6 Mr.6

That's how i began riding with my R6. Keep up the good work. Get to know your bike, and then start taking her to more roads. The final speed/traffic test is usually the interstate, be careful out there though, you'll get NO sympathy.
Old 03-19-2006, 06:14 AM
ASE Master

onepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud of

i dont see how people lift the wheel on their sv650s' just from rolling the throttle.. i had mine for a long time, and i had to back off the throttle and hit it hard again in first for it to come up, and in second gear, i had to stand on it and pull up when i hit it for it to come up, it would never power up on its own in second. i also had a 14t front sprocket (down one).

the sv is a good bike to learn on, youll love it. i definately liked mine alot. wait till you get to riding turns hard, youll definately love it in the mountains with all that low end torque.
Old 03-19-2006, 06:38 AM
Registered Member

ok about lifting the wheel part.....alot of u read it wrong, i said on my 2nd straight away(meaning my 2nd time going straight on this bike) i was in first when this happen..and what happen was i let go of the throttle then rolled it too hard, and wasnt like i was poppin a wheelie, the front wheel just came up and it scared me(being the 2nd time i rode this bike) But yea i can tell im gonna love this bike, its a 2006 sv650 S incase some of u r wondering the year. I got a 3 year warranty on this bad boy too. So i aint stressin over it breakin down at all ^^ but yea once i get a qoute over da internet for some insurance and my clothes dry, im gonna be rollin through the local neighborhoods then im gonna head to my moms house and show her the big suprise, haha..she didnt want me to get a bike and she thought i wouldnt be able to afford it for some reason. She doesnt get the whole finance shyt. Like she thinks i gotta pay 6,500 right up front
Old 03-19-2006, 06:38 AM
Registered Member

opps sorry double post
Old 03-19-2006, 07:04 AM
Your Kneegrow

Chino has disabled reputation

if you're not aware of it yet here's a good site/forum for the sv. i frequent it a lot. its one of my favorite forums. www.svrider.com

there is also an SV national rally coming up soon. I've always wanted to go and its in NC. They all gather at the "dragon" ..all sv owners. you get to see all kinds of customization and modifications for the SV.

Check it out the site for more info. It'll turn you into a mod addict.

let me know when you get comfortable..come down to the beach! lets tear up pungo!

Last edited by Chino; 03-19-2006 at 11:28 AM.
Old 03-19-2006, 03:06 PM
Registered Member

well guys for my 2nd day adventure(which makes me love bikes even more) i basically rode all through the city. My only thing i need to work on now is turning at high speeds..like if the road is 40mph and it has like a curb, i gotta work on leaning into my turns better. I sort of like glide into them but no sharp turning yet. But im gonna work on dat tommorow But im loving every bit of learning it, and im sure im gonna love it more when i can take it to its full extint. I still gotta break da engine to 600 miles before i can really go fast( cant really go past 5rpms because of the breakin rule) but yea so cant wait. Thanks for the link chino, and yea when i do get use to goin fast n all maybe u can show me the tips n tricks of riding the famous pungo. lol just dont leave me in the dust
Old 03-19-2006, 03:59 PM
Your Kneegrow

Chino has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Bustadust
well guys for my 2nd day adventure(which makes me love bikes even more) i basically rode all through the city. My only thing i need to work on now is turning at high speeds..like if the road is 40mph and it has like a curb, i gotta work on leaning into my turns better. I sort of like glide into them but no sharp turning yet. But im gonna work on dat tommorow But im loving every bit of learning it, and im sure im gonna love it more when i can take it to its full extint. I still gotta break da engine to 600 miles before i can really go fast( cant really go past 5rpms because of the breakin rule) but yea so cant wait. Thanks for the link chino, and yea when i do get use to goin fast n all maybe u can show me the tips n tricks of riding the famous pungo. lol just dont leave me in the dust

heh...40mph's aren't curves... the 10-15mph curves are where its at!
umm..just make sure you don't go through any fences when you're riding
Old 03-19-2006, 04:03 PM
none

RepairMan is an unknown quantity at this point

Take the MSF course, you wont regret it.

http://www.msf-usa.org/

Quick Reply: First adventures on ridin a bike