Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

Finally picked a helmet....

Old 02-08-2005, 04:21 PM
$Level$

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich
Default Finally picked a helmet....

OK, this forum is too quiet. Haven't been sure which lid to get. I was really leaning towards the Vemar carbon fiber helmet but not sure how the quality is. It has good reviews, but I hate buying a $800 helmet without physically looking at it. After talking to some bike buds I decided to get the Suomy 05' Gambler Spec 1R Extreme. I like playing cards........

Last edited by Rich; 02-08-2005 at 07:31 PM.
Old 02-08-2005, 04:42 PM
Registered Member

ZweetdreamZ ZweetdreamZ ZweetdreamZ ZweetdreamZ ZweetdreamZ ZweetdreamZ ZweetdreamZ ZweetdreamZ ZweetdreamZ ZweetdreamZ ZweetdreamZ
Default Re: Finally picked a helmet....

i like it alot
Old 02-08-2005, 04:53 PM
Your Local DSM Tech

Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD

youd be playing your cards if you ever really needed to use that helmet
Old 02-08-2005, 06:08 PM
Registered Member

Del La Sol 1320 has disabled reputation

i really like suomy's, particularly that one
Old 02-08-2005, 06:21 PM
Patron

Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus

nice.... I have the Spec 1R and love it
Old 02-08-2005, 06:32 PM
ASE Master

onepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud of

i couldnt see having a helmet that expensive, then wrecking my bike and messing the helmet up all over the road.

its nice though.
Old 02-08-2005, 06:48 PM
$Level$

Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich

Originally Posted by onepointone
i couldnt see having a helmet that expensive, then wrecking my bike and messing the helmet up all over the road.

its nice though.
I guess expensive is relative. There is a $1500 BMW Sport Integral carbon helmet out there. I've been using a $240 Icon Mainframe for the last year. I wanted something light with great air flow and have reviewed every helmet out there. I got the helmet for $475 shipped. Pretty good price. If I drop it I have an excuse to get a custom airbrushed one.
Old 02-08-2005, 06:59 PM
ASE Master

onepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by DoingOK
If I drop it I have an excuse to get a custom airbrushed one.

hopefully it doesnt get cracked. i dropped my helmet pretty hardcore at the dragstrip last summer, then got it painted. i got the helmet back on a thursday, layed my bike down at 70 on that following saturday (before i could pay the guy for the paintjob). luckily it hadnt been cracked and it was still good enough to protect my head.

point is, if i ever drop a helmet like that again, its a new helmet for me. that was too much of a risk.

i think a $250-350 helmet is more than enough as far as quality/comfort (as far as ive seen from looking around).
Old 02-08-2005, 07:19 PM
Registered Member

roadrcr82 roadrcr82 roadrcr82 roadrcr82 roadrcr82 roadrcr82 roadrcr82 roadrcr82 roadrcr82 roadrcr82 roadrcr82

im happy with my hjc kast helmet. i paid 200 for it and its pretty confortable and airflow is sweet too. im not really tryin to spend 800 bucks on a helmet. as long as it does its job and doesnt let my brain splatter all over the place then it works for me. its an awesome helmet though. i just think that if i was to spend like 800 bucks then ill buy a $200 helmet and get it airbrushed instead but that is a sweet lookin helmet
Old 02-08-2005, 08:43 PM
Registered Member

Del La Sol 1320 has disabled reputation

its also not just cracking that can cause damage... my agv rep brought in a crashed helmet, outside you could see where it was impacted, but it didn't look bad at all and definetly no cracks anywhere, but they had cut it in half and on the inside the two layers of styrofoam had been completely compressed, so if you ever hit around that area again the pavement impact would be almost completely transfered to your head

Quick Reply: Finally picked a helmet....