Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

It finally happened

Old 02-22-2005, 02:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mpg9999 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default It finally happened

Thats right, I dropped my bike. Been riding for 4 months. Everyone says it will happen, and it did. I guess now that its over with, I can buy a new bike .

It happened like this. Today was in the 50's so I decided to bring the bike (yamaha seca II) out from hibernation. I keep it in my back yard, so I have alot of grass to drive through. I was pulling up onto the cement path from the wet grass along the side of my house. I was trying not to spin the tire on the grass, and somehow I just lost my balance and started to go over. I didnt have much room to get any support and it went over on my right. I hit the kill switch and silently cursed at myself, "idiot..". Of course directly to my right is an overhang, and instead of grass, there is brick enclosed by 4x4's. There is also a 4x4 supporting the overhang, located right about in the center of my big, maybe one foot away. This posed a slight problem, as it blocked me from getting a good angle on the bike to pick it up. I finally got into a good positiong and pushed the bike back up.

The good news: You know how I said there is brick under the overhang? There just happened to be this stupid plastic sled laying exactly where my bike fell. It cushoined the bike as it landed, and prevented anything on my bike from hitting the ground/brick and breaking. There isnt a scratch to be found from this little incident. It also happened in my back yard, much less embarrising. The only damge was to a plastic drain that travels down that 4x4. Apparently I stuck out my arm to support myself and I guess my hand went right through it. Didnt notice that until later. For doing something so stupid, I was in a great mood. Nothing like droping your bike and doing absolutly no damge to it
Old 02-22-2005, 03:01 PM
Registered Member

seanazzy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: It finally happened

so, why get a new bike if this was your only time laying it down? if you've only been riding for four months and that was the only time you wrecked, i'd hang on to it for when you're actually riding. just my .02 glad nobody got hurt though...including the seca
Old 02-22-2005, 03:14 PM

mpg9999 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by seanazzy
so, why get a new bike if this was your only time laying it down? if you've only been riding for four months and that was the only time you wrecked, i'd hang on to it for when you're actually riding. just my .02 glad nobody got hurt though...including the seca
That was just a joke . You see now that I got the one "Required" drop out of the way, I can get a new bike without worrying about dropping it...eh never mind .

Just to clarify, I didnt lay it down or wreck. I droped it while not really moving in my backyard.
Old 02-22-2005, 03:29 PM
Registered Member

seanazzy is an unknown quantity at this point

yeah, i gotcha man....glad nothing got messed up and i hope you don't lay it or any other bike down. in alexandria...we'll have to get up and ride some time. i'm right in woodbridge and work in fairfax. take it easy man
Old 02-22-2005, 05:54 PM

s2k7 has disabled reputation

i still remember the first time my bike went down....Pisses me off to this day. Nothing i could have really done about it other than wear some tight ass pants.
Old 02-22-2005, 06:32 PM
$Level$

Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich

Originally Posted by Nates95Accord
i still remember the first time my bike went down....Pisses me off to this day. Nothing i could have really done about it other than wear some tight ass pants.
Come on Nate........it was kinda funny after the fact. It does suck though. My girlfriend was holding my bike while I was taking it off the front stand Saturday nite. It started to go over and I caught it at the last second. Unfortunately she pulled her shoulder out and tore some tendons in her shoulder area. She had to go to the Doctor today. She was really stressed out that she almost dropped my bike....lol I'll drop it someday
Old 02-23-2005, 08:16 AM
Va Beach Coast Rider

CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4

Better her shoulder than your bike!!!!!.........................lol

The ONLY times my bike has been down is at speeds of less than 5mph. It's like a curse I have or something. But it's always been me messing around like an idiot and asking for trouble; or getting hit by a car!

I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Last edited by CBR600F4; 02-23-2005 at 08:24 AM.
Old 02-23-2005, 08:17 AM
FTP! Cop's Lie!

R1Buttercup is an unknown quantity at this point

One's that been down and one's that are going 2b down. It's all good, u can b the safest rider with years of experience but it doesn't matter. The cages on the road don't help riders @ all either. Be safe everyone!!!!!!!!
Old 02-23-2005, 08:42 AM
Your Kneegrow

Chino has disabled reputation

hehe..i wouldn't even consider that as going down...you weren't actually moving
Old 02-23-2005, 09:02 AM
Del
image*in tomorrow

Del Del Del Del

Originally Posted by Chino
hehe..i wouldn't even consider that as going down...you weren't actually moving
hahaha its not a real wreck until you get a cool scar! THEN your in the club.

Quick Reply: It finally happened