Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

Do i need a moto. license to ride this?

Old 07-05-2007, 05:26 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gr0dy has disabled reputation
Default Do i need a moto. license to ride this?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/FREE-...QQcmdZViewItem

really interested in getting it so i can have some transportation to and from work , just wondering if id need a moto license for it if not then what would i need?
Old 07-05-2007, 05:42 AM
GLHF

WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo
Default Re: Do i need a moto. license to ride this?

yes i would think so
Old 07-05-2007, 05:47 AM
Registered member

Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random

hmmm that is not a bad little thing
i think i may have to get one
It is like a adult pocketbike
I am sure t goes by Scooter laws. of course i am not a resident of this state or play one on TV so i am not sure on the law
Old 07-05-2007, 05:48 AM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by WutupYo
yes i would think so
ahh
that sucks
ive wanted one of these for awile but i dont wanna spend a grand and then get it taken away by the city for not having a moto license
Old 07-05-2007, 05:51 AM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by AFwestPunk
hmmm that is not a bad little thing
i think i may have to get one
It is like a adult pocketbike
I am sure t goes by Scooter laws. of course i am not a resident of this state or play one on TV so i am not sure on the law
yea thats exactly what it is , i figured since its only 125-150 cc's i wouldnt need one, im only 16 so i cant get a moto license , ive thought about just seeing if i can get away with it but i dont think i want to take that risk
Old 07-05-2007, 06:02 AM
Registered Member

SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie

I think you need one for anything over 49cc... I could be wrong though.
Old 07-05-2007, 06:03 AM
Registered Member

SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie

Mopeds
Virginia Code section 46.2-100 defines a moped as a vehicle that:

travels on three wheels or less,

has a seat that is at least 24 inches high
and

has a gasoline, electric, or hybrid motor that displaces less than 50 cubic centimeters.
Operation of mopeds on highways and public vehicular areas by persons under age 16 is prohibited by Virginia law.

Moped riders must carry some form of identification that includes name, address, and date of birth.

Although you do not need a driver's license to operate a moped, you may not operate a moped if you have been declared a habitual offender or your license is suspended or revoked for driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs.

Moped drivers are required to abide by the same traffic laws and regulations as automobile drivers. Detailed information on Virginia's traffic laws and regulations is available in the Driver's Manual. In addition, certain local governments may impose restrictions on moped operation.

All DUI laws apply to mopeds operated on public highways.

You may also want to review the Motorcyle Operator Manual. Information specific to moped safety is available online as well.
Old 07-05-2007, 06:12 AM
Registered member

Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random

you know how kick ass that would be for strip riding? fuq a beach cruiser
Old 07-05-2007, 06:34 AM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by SpeedJunkie
Mopeds
Virginia Code section 46.2-100 defines a moped as a vehicle that:

travels on three wheels or less,

has a seat that is at least 24 inches high
and

has a gasoline, electric, or hybrid motor that displaces less than 50 cubic centimeters.
Operation of mopeds on highways and public vehicular areas by persons under age 16 is prohibited by Virginia law.

Moped riders must carry some form of identification that includes name, address, and date of birth.

Although you do not need a driver's license to operate a moped, you may not operate a moped if you have been declared a habitual offender or your license is suspended or revoked for driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs.

Moped drivers are required to abide by the same traffic laws and regulations as automobile drivers. Detailed information on Virginia's traffic laws and regulations is available in the Driver's Manual. In addition, certain local governments may impose restrictions on moped operation.

All DUI laws apply to mopeds operated on public highways.

You may also want to review the Motorcyle Operator Manual. Information specific to moped safety is available online as well.
yea i just saw that on dmv as well , i dunno im considering trying it and seeing if i can get away with it as it doesnt look like a full blown crotch rocket, a buddy of mine has a 150cc moped scooter and he never gets stopped but i dunno if it would be different with something that looked like a crotch rocket. I dunno the bike is fucking sick though i would love to have one but well see , thanks for the help though
Old 07-05-2007, 06:50 AM
beautiful struggle

Quentin has disabled reputation

Well im sure you could pass the DMV license test on that thing, since its such a small bike. Dont let the license stop you from getting it, just go through the hastle and get it.

Quick Reply: Do i need a moto. license to ride this?