Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

Cycle whore thread

Old 09-01-2013, 12:13 PM
I like grape drank

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican

Originally Posted by Quentin
Originally Posted by Letze
I have only visited with intent, though not actually participated, but the gear you should bring to ensure the bike is prepped properly can't be carried with, (stands, air tank to aid in adjusting tire pressure all the tools/refreshments needed) and in the event you have a spill, that means you're forced to hire a more expensive truck to get it back home.

My advice (for future events given the , get a hidden hitch installed on your celica, get an inexpensive 4X8 trailer and just pull it to and from, You'll be glad you did, a 4x8 flat trailer unless you live in an apartment can easily be stored upside a fence or house with minimal obstruction.

And realistically you can get the hitch/trailer and have it registered for under 500 if you look for the right deal.
All those tools you named I don't even have lol. My main concern is wrecking even though I could probably put it in another guy's trailer and just have to pick it up from his place. I still would be stuck in Alabama. Man this is complicated. I need to figure out soon b/c spots for novice group are filling up.
I'm wary of even saying you should do track days if you can't afford ahi dres bucks for a truck.

What happens when you wreck you're bike... Insurance won't fix it?
Old 09-01-2013, 03:43 PM
TwoWheels YearRound

Southwade Southwade Southwade Southwade Southwade Southwade Southwade Southwade Southwade Southwade Southwade
Default Re: Cycle whore thread

Thinking of going down one in the front and up two in the back...
Old 09-01-2013, 04:08 PM
beautiful struggle

Quentin has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Halfrican
I'm wary of even saying you should do track days if you can't afford ahi dres bucks for a truck.

What happens when you wreck you're bike... Insurance won't fix it?
Grad school happened and fck my budget up. I have $100 I just dont wanna use it for the truck. Never had collision on any bike I've owned since 2007. Not worried about the repairs.

As of now I'm waking up early Sat morning and will ride the 90mins to the track. There will be a guy there who has a trailer and lives outside of Atlanta. If need be (crash), he will take it back up to his home. Would need to find a ride from track to ATL. Will look into that right now in case the need should arrive (knock on wood).
Old 09-01-2013, 05:39 PM
Im Red Bitches

monopolizedinc is infamous around these partsmonopolizedinc is infamous around these partsmonopolizedinc is infamous around these partsmonopolizedinc is infamous around these partsmonopolizedinc is infamous around these partsmonopolizedinc is infamous around these partsmonopolizedinc is infamous around these partsmonopolizedinc is infamous around these partsmonopolizedinc is infamous around these partsmonopolizedinc is infamous around these partsmonopolizedinc is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by Southwade
Thinking of going down one in the front and up two in the back...

why so? Gonna start stuntin'
Old 09-01-2013, 05:46 PM
TwoWheels YearRound

Southwade Southwade Southwade Southwade Southwade Southwade Southwade Southwade Southwade Southwade Southwade

Originally Posted by monopolizedinc
why so? Gonna start stuntin'
99% of my riding is below 60 mph... why not use more of the engine at those speeds...
Old 09-01-2013, 05:53 PM
TwoWheels YearRound

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vwwPVBSfeY
Old 09-01-2013, 05:58 PM
TwoWheels YearRound

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gd49Mgrr148
Old 09-01-2013, 05:58 PM
Is in ur head, why?

crxmadness crxmadness crxmadness crxmadness crxmadness crxmadness crxmadness crxmadness crxmadness crxmadness crxmadness

Originally Posted by Quentin
Any advice on riding my bike to my track day? Trying to go this weekend out in Alabama (Lil Tally). It's a 90min ride from Atlanta. I don't know anyone with a truck. Renting a truck would cost $100 which I really can't afford. I would pack my backpack with food, wrenches, and tape. The only thing I would have to do is remove my mirrors once there.

From what I gathered the two big drawbacks from riding bike to the TD would be, being exhausted and not wanting to bike back home. And more importantly the case I wreck and the bike is un-rideable. I'm not too worried about being tired, I did a track day last year and wasn't exhausted afterwards, tired but not exhausted. Now wrecking, just knock on wood I won't. This will be my 2nd TD so I plan on taking it easy.

I've tried hard seeing if I could get the back transported there by some other local bike bruhs but doesn't seem like it will happen. I have one maybe and one said he'd do it for free. He just lives 45mins away and I would have to drop bike off night before. Then some how get a ride back to my house in ATL. And then pick bike up after the weekend is over. I suppose I could do that. Just don't know how I would get to where he lives.

Rent a uhaul truck for the day
Old 09-02-2013, 07:07 AM
armed teetotaler

Schlitz Schlitz Schlitz Schlitz Schlitz Schlitz Schlitz Schlitz Schlitz Schlitz Schlitz

Old 09-02-2013, 01:32 PM
beautiful struggle

Quentin has disabled reputation

Ahh screw it. Will just rent a pickup. If I time it right, 24/hrs would cost like $50.

Quick Reply: Cycle whore thread