Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

Cycle whore thread

Old 05-08-2012, 11:36 AM
Band

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket
Default Re: Cycle whore thread

Originally Posted by Halfrican
^ You kind of just have to bite the bullet in most occasions of tire wear and get both though. That's why I didn't swap this year (other than the 400 dollar tire cost ). My back wears much faster than my front, and I think I have a slow leak in the front; but I won't replace either until I can replace both at the same time.
eh I'll mix and match tires you just have to know what you're doing and expect to buy a second tire if it doesn't feel right.
Old 05-08-2012, 11:38 AM
I like grape drank

Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican

Originally Posted by gnarlycharlie4u
eh I'll mix and match tires you just have to know what you're doing and expect to buy a second tire if it doesn't feel right.
What is that thing you are always telling me.... "do it right, do it once" ??
Old 05-08-2012, 11:40 AM
Band

paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket

What is that thing you are always telling me.... "do it right, do it once" ??
also, waste not; want not.
Old 05-08-2012, 11:41 AM
TwoWheels YearRound

Southwade Southwade Southwade Southwade Southwade Southwade Southwade Southwade Southwade Southwade Southwade

Lol… so I laid my bike down the other day.

I rode from Norfolk to Richmond to meet some guys for a Five and Dime ride. South on 10 to the ferry then north on 5 back to Richmond.

Right before we get back to Richmond it starts storming... no biggie; we get there with no real issues. I chill out for a few and grab a bite to eat at Wawa.

Time to go home. I get to the first intersection for a left turn and somehow my brain reverts to "dry mode"... dumbass brain. As soon as I'm into the lean I realize my mistake. Too deep in the wet.

Both tires start walking sideways, it drifts like that for a few feet and then I feel the rear tire start outrunning the front. I may have goosed it while sliding, but I can’t recall.

It slid diagonally down the lane and comes to an easy stop right before the shoulder, while I’m left sitting on my ass in the middle of the street.

No major damage done, luckily. Scuffed the lower fairing and engine cover, nicked the bar-end, clutch lever, mirror, license plate. And the shifter lever and kickstand is a little bent.

I’m fine, and my gear looks unharmed… other than being a little dirty.

Cheers.
Old 05-08-2012, 11:42 AM
I like grape drank

Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican

Originally Posted by gnarlycharlie4u
also, waste not; want not.
also, "ride, ride, ride, till it dies"
Old 05-08-2012, 11:43 AM
I like grape drank

Originally Posted by one wheel drive

I rode from Norfolk to Richmond to meet some guys for a Five and Dime ride. South on 10 to the ferry then north on 5 back to Richmond.

Right before we get back to Richmond it starts storming... no biggie; we get there with no real issues. I chill out for a few and grab a bite to eat at Wawa.

Time to go home. I get to the first intersection for a left turn and somehow my brain reverts to "dry mode"... dumbass brain. As soon as I'm into the lean I realize my mistake. Too deep in the wet.

Both tires start walking sideways, it drifts like that for a few feet and then I feel the rear tire start outrunning the front. I may have goosed it while sliding, but I can’t recall.

It slid diagonally down the lane and comes to an easy stop right before the shoulder, while I’m left sitting on my ass in the middle of the street.

No major damage done, luckily. Scuffed the lower fairing and engine cover, nicked the bar-end, clutch lever, mirror, license plate. And the shifter lever and kickstand is a little bent.

I’m fine, and my gear looks unharmed… other than being a little dirty.

Cheers.
Glad to hear you are ok. At least it was an "easy, peasy" wreck.
Old 05-08-2012, 11:45 AM
TwoWheels YearRound

Southwade Southwade Southwade Southwade Southwade Southwade Southwade Southwade Southwade Southwade Southwade

Shit happens...

Makes me wish it was an ER6n instead of a Ninja though, lol... less fairing.
Old 05-08-2012, 11:46 AM
I like grape drank

Shit happens...

Makes me wish it was an ER6n instead of a Ninja though, lol...less fairing means more frame + motor damage
ftfy. Get some frame sliders when you get to fixing and replacing things.

Last edited by Halfrican; 05-08-2012 at 11:51 AM.
Old 05-08-2012, 11:48 AM
Is in ur head, why?

crxmadness crxmadness crxmadness crxmadness crxmadness crxmadness crxmadness crxmadness crxmadness crxmadness crxmadness

Glad you are alright. There are 2 kinds of riders, those that have gone down and those that will go down. Welcome to the gone down club.
Old 05-08-2012, 11:50 AM
TwoWheels YearRound

ftfy. Get some frame sliders when you get to fixing and replacing things.
Funny thing is I finally found some a few days before this happened... you guys heard of R&G Racing before?

Quick Reply: Cycle whore thread