Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

Cycle whore thread

Old 04-05-2012, 05:55 AM
I like grape drank

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican
Default Re: Cycle whore thread

I'm going to pass that on to my dirt bike friends. They replace their damn seals once, if not twice a riding season. Most of the time the seals aren't even blown. But you never know until you get in their, so its no big.

Honestly though, I don't see that working as well for the road going bikes. IF a street bikes forks are leaking, there is a damn reason. Its either

Old
Nasty (old fork oil)
Blown
Old 04-05-2012, 06:20 AM
Band

paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket

Originally Posted by Halfrican
I'm going to pass that on to my dirt bike friends. They replace their damn seals once, if not twice a riding season. Most of the time the seals aren't even blown. But you never know until you get in their, so its no big.

Honestly though, I don't see that working as well for the road going bikes. IF a street bikes forks are leaking, there is a damn reason. Its either

Old
Nasty (old fork oil)
Blown
Yeah this is not for street bike use. In fact you're probably going to do more harm than good with that thing.
Old 04-05-2012, 06:33 AM
vangorder

kick rox kick rox kick rox kick rox kick rox kick rox kick rox kick rox kick rox kick rox kick rox

So.. if your seals are leaking, they're likely blown? (ergo I just wasted $9.99)

Old 04-05-2012, 03:17 PM
I like grape drank

Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican
Default Cycle whore thread

Wouldn't say wasted, but yeah.

Some gasoline spilled out of my filler cap and soaked on the paint for a while as I didn't notice. (the tank has been off the bike)

What are my options as it has taken it down to the metal and bubbled the other parts of the lip?

Have a painter reprint the whole dang thing?
Old 04-05-2012, 03:22 PM
TwoWheels YearRound

Southwade Southwade Southwade Southwade Southwade Southwade Southwade Southwade Southwade Southwade Southwade

Originally Posted by Halfrican
Wouldn't say wasted, but yeah.

Some gasoline spilled out of my filler cap and soaked on the paint for a while as I didn't notice. (the tank has been off the bike)

What are my options as it has taken it down to the metal and bubbled the other parts of the lip?

Have a painter reprint the whole dang thing?
Spray it with plastidip until you can get it repainted.
Old 04-05-2012, 04:19 PM
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Roxtar Roxtar Roxtar Roxtar Roxtar Roxtar Roxtar Roxtar Roxtar Roxtar Roxtar

finally fired the bike up for the first time after the rejet and exhaust install... this is the best that bike has ever run. barely any choke needed, smooth idle right at 1200 rpm, no hanging revs, no delay in revving when I open the throttle. The jardine is WAY louder than stock.
Old 04-05-2012, 04:23 PM
TwoWheels YearRound

Southwade Southwade Southwade Southwade Southwade Southwade Southwade Southwade Southwade Southwade Southwade

Old 04-05-2012, 04:39 PM
Is in ur head, why?

crxmadness crxmadness crxmadness crxmadness crxmadness crxmadness crxmadness crxmadness crxmadness crxmadness crxmadness

Originally Posted by kick rox
and... what do you guys think of this thing?

[img]sealmate[/img]
My old hondas get leaky fork seals after awhile that leave behind dirt rings on the tubes. After using seal mate no more rings, but my seals were not dripping fluid down the tube or anything like that. So I say it is great for cleaning a dirty seal. Before I bought seal mate I used sandpaper to clean my seals, but seal mate gave me the same result with less of a chance to fuck it up.

Originally Posted by kick rox
So.. if your seals are leaking, they're likely blown? (ergo I just wasted $9.99)

If fluid is dripping down your fork tubes then I would say yes your seals are likely blown, but you definitely wasted $5.29:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sealmate-For...3a5cc6&vxp=mtr

Last edited by crxmadness; 04-05-2012 at 05:01 PM.
Old 04-05-2012, 05:45 PM
armed teetotaler

Schlitz Schlitz Schlitz Schlitz Schlitz Schlitz Schlitz Schlitz Schlitz Schlitz Schlitz

Old 04-05-2012, 07:15 PM
GT-Four Guy

Letze Letze Letze Letze Letze Letze Letze Letze Letze Letze Letze

Originally Posted by one wheel drive
The one in FO3 was actually kinda cool, I had hoped they would have made it ridable in game considering the ES games gave you a Horse.

Quick Reply: Cycle whore thread