Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

Credit question..?

Old 03-03-2006, 08:16 AM
ASE Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
onepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud of
Default Credit question..?

so, not having a bike is killing me, and especially with the weather yesterday, so i went over to honda house and tried to get a '06 all black 600rr. my credit app. would only go through with a co-signer (which i dont want to do).

question is, i paid my last bike off, i think the check went through last thursday or friday.. and i have a jeep that im paying on, but i got that on my own. how long does it take for a payoff to clear with my credit? and, is honda generally harder to get approved for, because im liking the new gsxr's, just, id rather get a cbr.

and for the record, i checked on insurance for it, i was paying $102.xx/mo for full coverage on my 04 sv650s, they quoted me $81.xx full coverage for the 600rr. i thought that was kinda crazy that it was cheaper. i guess state farm goes by engine size?
Old 03-03-2006, 09:41 AM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla
Default Re: Credit question..?

Sometimes it can take up to two months from my understanding.

Are you a member of a credit union?
Old 03-03-2006, 10:43 AM
ASE Master

onepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud of

damn, 2 months... thats crazy..

and no, im not, id probably try to go through them if i was.. thats going to suck if i have to wait 2 months.. any way for me to know if it has gone through? or is it just a "if i apply, and get shot down again, i know why" type thing?
Old 03-03-2006, 11:20 AM
Registered Member

Del La Sol 1320 has disabled reputation

honda is much harder to finance than suzuki, we get people approved all the time here that got turned down at honda house
Old 03-03-2006, 11:23 AM
Registered Member

00civic23 has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by onepointone
damn, 2 months... thats crazy..

and no, im not, id probably try to go through them if i was.. thats going to suck if i have to wait 2 months.. any way for me to know if it has gone through? or is it just a "if i apply, and get shot down again, i know why" type thing?

you can check your credit score online, thats much better than applying over and over again.
Old 03-03-2006, 11:31 AM
Broke

QwkCoupe has disabled reputation

annualcreditreport.com you can veiw it once a year for free
Old 03-03-2006, 02:03 PM
Registered Member

88 vert has disabled reputation

Hey mike, glad to see you are looking to get another bike. It may be a little much, but colonial cyclesports have a 04 R1 with 4k miles, in nice shape for $8k. I thought it was a pretty good deal they are gonna put new tires on it to. Also have you been to burchams and seen the new R6? BadASS!!!! The new gsxr also has the shorty pipe on the sport edition. I would try burchams, they are usually a little easier to get financed, what makes it hard is the markup they have around here on the bikes, so the financer will come up short if the loan is defaulted. I would take the extra trip to N.C. and save an extra grand or 2. Ill ride down to N.C. with you, i love just going to different bike shops and looking, i go to all the local bike shops at least once a month. Lata, Dave
Old 03-03-2006, 03:22 PM
I DONT SPIN

1gawd has disabled reputation

I have heard that Honda finances through Househol, and if that's the case, It should be the easiest. I got a loan through them with two car payments, and four credit cards, all with balances.
Old 03-03-2006, 03:45 PM
hatrs make me famous

skr00zloose has disabled reputation

i used to work at a honda dealership. getting financing thru them is almost impossible. if you can get your own financing thru your bank, that's the way to go, from my experience.

the honda dealer i worked at wouldn't even finance me when i worked there... they said i didn't make enough money... go figure.
Old 03-03-2006, 05:01 PM
Registered Member

Del La Sol 1320 has disabled reputation

haha thats rough... atleast you could get the bike, thats the first step, the one i worked at wouldn't even sell motorcycles to employees because they said they were just too hot of sellers and wouldn't sell them at "cost" to us when they could make money on customers, funny, they had a new 2001 929rr still on the floor in 2005