Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

a couple of noob questions

Old 03-16-2010, 02:32 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
KPVal757 has disabled reputation
Default a couple of noob questions

I already looked of the stickeys, and i still couldn't find my answers. Please don't bash they are simple questions.
I know tcc has motorcycle class, but there all filled up. Where is another school for classes? Have you been to the school and is satisfied?

What would prefer for a beginner bike? I done research, some websites are saying ninja 250, suzuki gs500f, suzuki gsx650f and a couple others. Do you agree or disagree?
Old 03-16-2010, 03:18 PM
hatrs make me famous

skr00zloose has disabled reputation
Default Re: a couple of noob questions

I'll answer both those questions with a question... do you have any experience on a motorcycle, street or dirt?

if you have any real experience, you can take the test at DMV and would probably pass, it's pretty basic. You can take the TCC course later for the insurance break if you want. The course is great and all, but it doesn't teach you real world riding, you'll only get that with experience and common sense.

As far as the bike, you're gonna get a million different answers. First bike I ever put any time on, on the street was an RD350, and anyone that knows what that is, especially if you've ridden one, knows that it ain't exactly the bike you put a noobie on, but... I'm still alive and kickin. It all boils down to what you're comfy with. Keep your head on straight, and you'll be OK on damn near any bike. Just keep in mind that it's alot easier to make a mistake on a 180hp bike than a 70hp bike.
Old 03-16-2010, 03:21 PM
Awesome.

MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E

You can try to see if the Harley dealer in Ptown has openings. Or you can just show up at TCC and hope someone no shows and take their spot for the MSF course.

Originally Posted by skr00zloose
As far as the bike, you're gonna get a million different answers. First bike I ever put any time on, on the street was an RD350, and anyone that knows what that is, especially if you've ridden one, knows that it ain't exactly the bike you put a noobie on, but... I'm still alive and kickin. It all boils down to what you're comfy with. Keep your head on straight, and you'll be OK on damn near any bike. Just keep in mind that it's alot easier to make a mistake on a 180hp bike than a 70hp bike.
Totally agree.

Last edited by MA-HALF-E; 03-16-2010 at 07:10 PM. Reason: Ptown, not NN
Old 03-16-2010, 03:35 PM
Registered Member

streetsk8er757 has disabled reputation

I started out on a Triumph 675 definitly a fun bike. i would say almost any 600 would be good for a beginner but still take it easy. Alot of people recommend the suzuki sv650 to beginner riders.
Old 03-16-2010, 04:40 PM
hatrs make me famous

skr00zloose has disabled reputation

First bike I ever put any time on, on the street was an RD350, and anyone that knows what that is, especially if you've ridden one, knows that it ain't exactly the bike you put a noobie on, but... I'm still alive and kickin.
I have to add, it was my dad that put me on that bike, hahahaha. Maybe that explains my mentality on the subject. I couldn't even touch the ground!

I have a feeling I grew up a bit different than alot of the people here, lol. I used to disappear into the swamp on an old honda dirtbike for DAYS, and no one really said much other than "you have fun?". Ya'll go on and on about frame sliders, top dollar gear, etc, but the best defense agianst killing yourself or wadding up your bike? ..... common sense, and an ego that's in check. period.

case in point, how many of ya'll at 14 years old or so, have ever been chased by a bear on a 100cc honda?

damn, ya'll fools make me feel old. (stfu J4K3, before you even start)
Old 03-16-2010, 05:11 PM
Registered Member

Lars Lars Lars Lars Lars Lars Lars Lars Lars Lars Lars

I started on a Ninja 500R and loved it; I still miss it despite having moved up to a bigger bike. the Ninja 650R and SV650 are also great choices.
Old 03-16-2010, 08:13 PM
holla

j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3

I have to add, it was my dad that put me on that bike, hahahaha. Maybe that explains my mentality on the subject. I couldn't even touch the ground!

I have a feeling I grew up a bit different than alot of the people here, lol. I used to disappear into the swamp on an old honda dirtbike for DAYS, and no one really said much other than "you have fun?". Ya'll go on and on about frame sliders, top dollar gear, etc, but the best defense agianst killing yourself or wadding up your bike? ..... common sense, and an ego that's in check. period.

case in point, how many of ya'll at 14 years old or so, have ever been chased by a bear on a 100cc honda?

damn, ya'll fools make me feel old. (stfu J4K3, before you even start)
I got chased by a fox on a xr100.....dead serious.

Kyle, why would you not text me and ask?

Go to the bayside harley website and check the listings there. Same course, very informative.

As far as bikes go. I don't recall you saying you've ever rode anything. So I'd go for some beat up, with a little less ass behind it and go from there. Shit, look at my first bike. It was ugly as fuck (to most normal people. I <3 naked), but it taught me to ride and get some experience on the street. Who cares what your first bike is? It's a bike so it'll pull bitches, and you'll still have a ton of fun. You have forever to get something dope and hard park that bitch at BP with the rest of the chromed out faggots.
Old 03-17-2010, 06:00 AM
beautiful struggle

Quentin has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Lars
I started on a Ninja 500R and loved it; I still miss it despite having moved up to a bigger bike. the Ninja 650R and SV650 are also great choices.
I also started on a Ninja 500 and its a great bike. Just picked up a Ninja 650, will be sad to see the 500 go. Its a great lil bike. Plenty of power and gets like 55-60mpg. And insurance is dirty cheap.
Old 03-17-2010, 09:22 AM
Registered Member

KPVal757 has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by j4k3
I got chased by a fox on a xr100.....dead serious.

Kyle, why would you not text me and ask?

Go to the bayside harley website and check the listings there. Same course, very informative.

As far as bikes go. I don't recall you saying you've ever rode anything. So I'd go for some beat up, with a little less ass behind it and go from there. Shit, look at my first bike. It was ugly as fuck (to most normal people. I <3 naked), but it taught me to ride and get some experience on the street. Who cares what your first bike is? It's a bike so it'll pull bitches, and you'll still have a ton of fun. You have forever to get something dope and hard park that bitch at BP with the rest of the chromed out faggots.
sorry jake, but i wanna some other options too, i was looking a the some dual sport bikes too. i dont really care about the street bikes really. i thought a dual sport bike would be easy to learn on. then when i move up to a street bike i would be prepared. butt you the experience one so yay? or nah?
Old 03-17-2010, 03:24 PM
holla

j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3

Like a few people here know. If I get on a dual sport......I'm going to jail.

Shit most people learn on dirt bikes so riding one on the street would be great. Super light and gas mileage is great. Its really all in what you want. Fuck, go buy a rigid rat bobber and rock out dude.

Quick Reply: a couple of noob questions