Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

Central Riders Dropping Like Flies

Old 04-10-2009, 03:57 PM
Ich liebe Bier

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BuiltforSin BuiltforSin BuiltforSin BuiltforSin BuiltforSin BuiltforSin BuiltforSin BuiltforSin BuiltforSin BuiltforSin BuiltforSin
Default Central Riders Dropping Like Flies

All within the same week. Be safe everyone, and stop acting like idiots.

"I don't think they should be charged. They were all friends. I don't think they were racing. "

Thursday, CBS 6's Jon Burkett spoke exclusively with Genia Ferguson, whose son died in what some are describing as motorcycle street-racing gone wrong.

21 year old Bradley James Ferguson died Tuesday afternoon, when his motorcycle crashed on Richmond's Manchester Bridge in downtown. The accident shut down bridge traffic for six hours while police investigated the cause of the crash.

Richmond Police determined that Ferguson was travelling at over 100 miles per hour when his Kawasaki ZX-10 motorcycle, hit the jersey wall.

Two people have been charged in connection with Ferguson's death, 32 year old Joseph Christopher Green and 32 year old Jorge J. Diaz Jr. who was Ferguson's former supervisor at SunTrust, where the two worked. Police say the three men were racing and charged both Green and Diaz with reckless driving by engaging in a race between two or more motor vehicles on the highway.

Ferguson was an experienced rider according to his mother and friends. They tell Jon Burkett that he would have never engaged in street-racing. They say Ferguson did race, but had done so at the track.

"Ya know - when someone comes beside you and gets down on it... everybody else is gonna follow but I don't think that's racing," said Dustin Yates, Ferguson's childhood best friend.

Funeral services for Ferguson, a Tucker graduate, will be held Saturday, April 11, at Bennett Funeral Home in Henrico County.

Police identify Hanover motorcycle crash victims

Two killed in Hanover motorcycle accident

Posted by Lara Malbon

HANOVER, VA (WWBT) - Two people were killed when their motorcycle crashed Thursday around 7:30 p.m. in the 6300 block of Cold Harbor Road.

Police have identified the victims as Robert C. Jones, 46, and Elizabeth V. Jones, 44, of the 6400 block of Camille Drive.

They were travelling north on Cold Harbor Road when the driver lost control of the 2009 Yamaha motorcycle.

The motorcycle ran off the right side of the road, struck a mailbox, wooden fence and a tree.

Elizabeth Jones was pronounced dead at the scene and Robert Jones was transported to VCU Medical Center where he later died.

Cold Harbor Road was closed while officials conduct their investigation. The road reopened around 11:30 p.m. Thursday.

(c) 2009. WWBT, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Old 04-10-2009, 05:05 PM
Slow as Shit

Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow
Default Re: Central Riders Dropping Like Flies

Damn! Ride with your head on right. Lord knows I have done dumb shit 9 years ago and surprised to be telling it.
Old 04-10-2009, 05:27 PM
Registered Member

97lude has disabled reputation

RIP. I guess all you can say is that they died doing what they loved.
Old 04-10-2009, 05:35 PM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

Originally Posted by 97lude
RIP. I guess all you can say is that they died doing what they loved.
Absolutely.

Obviously I've done my share of stupid things, but I think I generally ride with some sense. All it takes is that one time for something to happen and you won't have another chance. It may not even be your fault... Be safe out there guys! The cages and animals aren't the only thing you should be careful of. Be careful of yourself too!
Old 04-10-2009, 05:43 PM
Registered Member

thecollegekid is a jewel in the roughthecollegekid is a jewel in the roughthecollegekid is a jewel in the roughthecollegekid is a jewel in the roughthecollegekid is a jewel in the rough

I've ridden with Robert "Bobby" Jones several times and he was riding a new VMax, the night he died. He just bought it over the winter and I had only ridden with him once since he got it. He was a certified Ducati mechanic and had just sold his Monster. Great guy. His jokes and care-free attitude will be missed around Bikes in the Bottom this Sunday and from now on.
Old 04-10-2009, 07:25 PM
Ich liebe Bier

BuiltforSin BuiltforSin BuiltforSin BuiltforSin BuiltforSin BuiltforSin BuiltforSin BuiltforSin BuiltforSin BuiltforSin BuiltforSin

Did they ever determine what caused him to lose control of the motorcycle?
Old 04-10-2009, 10:46 PM
SG

C16EFSedan has disabled reputation

R.I.P Brad. You'll sure be missed man.
Old 04-11-2009, 07:46 AM
Murdered Out

Up_on1 is a name known to allUp_on1 is a name known to allUp_on1 is a name known to allUp_on1 is a name known to allUp_on1 is a name known to allUp_on1 is a name known to all

Yea its a shame these things happen. You just have to be careful out there, car, bike, anything.
Old 04-11-2009, 09:00 AM
misunderstood.

s2katin s2katin s2katin s2katin s2katin s2katin s2katin s2katin s2katin s2katin s2katin

That's shitty. People should know to be careful when you're on 2 wheels though.
Old 04-11-2009, 09:30 AM
Registered Member

thecollegekid is a jewel in the roughthecollegekid is a jewel in the roughthecollegekid is a jewel in the roughthecollegekid is a jewel in the roughthecollegekid is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by mugenej8power
Did they ever determine what caused him to lose control of the motorcycle?
A friend that lives a few doors down from him said that he crested a hill and there were 2 cars, stopped in the middle of the road. He had to get over on the shoulder of the road to keep from running into the back of them. Only thing I can think of is that they had stopped to talk or something.