Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

Bikes with extended back rear wheels

Old 08-10-2007, 09:48 PM
i7 @ 5GHz <3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NsMoBoy is a splendid one to beholdNsMoBoy is a splendid one to beholdNsMoBoy is a splendid one to beholdNsMoBoy is a splendid one to beholdNsMoBoy is a splendid one to beholdNsMoBoy is a splendid one to beholdNsMoBoy is a splendid one to behold
Default Bikes with extended back rear wheels

I'm not into bikes really, trying to get into them atm. I've seen bikes around here that look like R1s, but the rear wheels have been extended back like a foot or something. What are these, just mods?
Old 08-10-2007, 09:51 PM
Registered Member

gilligan is infamous around these partsgilligan is infamous around these partsgilligan is infamous around these partsgilligan is infamous around these partsgilligan is infamous around these partsgilligan is infamous around these partsgilligan is infamous around these partsgilligan is infamous around these partsgilligan is infamous around these partsgilligan is infamous around these partsgilligan is infamous around these parts
Default Re: Bikes with extended back rear wheels

extended swingarms.
Old 08-10-2007, 09:54 PM
hatrs make me famous

skr00zloose has disabled reputation

those are what we call "gay"

lol, j/k

it's a drag race mod, the longer wheelbase is better suited for keeping the front wheel on the ground. but it KILLS your turning ability. most people just do it for the look.
Old 08-10-2007, 10:22 PM
Registered member

Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random

you where right with the original comment fullmetal
gay as all hell
Old 08-10-2007, 10:37 PM
yaaat.

ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington

Originally Posted by AFwestPunk
you where right with the original comment fullmetal
gay as all hell
I like the way it looks, even though it's kinda useless on the street.
Old 08-15-2007, 07:23 PM
Registered Member

Night Ryder Night Ryder Night Ryder Night Ryder Night Ryder Night Ryder Night Ryder Night Ryder Night Ryder Night Ryder Night Ryder

i've had my gsxr750 extended for the past two years. it is extended 8" over. unless your road racing with alot of tight turns, the extended wheelbase doesn't affect your normal street riding. i personally like the way bikes look extended. but it really depends on your riding style. i didn't notice a difference in the curves after i extended my bike.
Old 08-16-2007, 03:34 AM
Registered Member

SRTTHIS is an unknown quantity at this point

Most liter bike's can't use majority of they're gear's cause of the front wheel pullin' up.. rather than loop it.. it's easier to just slide the tire back a few inches and make it a lil safer.. IMO anyway.. anything over 4-6 i think is overkill for the street.. but to each they're own...
Old 08-29-2007, 01:50 PM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

I've seen an early 90's Katana running around that must have at least a 20" extension... LOL! The innermost part of the rear tire (closest side to the front) stuck out well beyond the tail. It looked SO RIDICULOUS! And the bike barely makes enough power to turn the wheel over.

I'm 50/50 on extended swingarms and swingarm extensions. I absolutely hate when people argue that it doesn't effect the geometry of the suspension and that it doesn't harm your turning ability. That's always bullshit unless you can't make a turn to begin with; Then maybe your riding hasn't been effected. I've been hanging out with a lot of guys that ride stretched bikes this past year, and most of them are show/race, and most of them are squids, but still good people that would do anything for you.

I wouldn't mind having a stretched bike in addition to what I've got, but I would never stretch my primary motorcycle. Never! I wouldn't mind having something to cruise around town and hit the drag strip with, but that's not my everyday style. I enjoy cutting through the curves far more than going straight.
Old 08-29-2007, 01:51 PM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

God damn you Drag.. fucking double post, again!

Last edited by VanillaThrilla; 08-29-2007 at 02:09 PM.
Old 08-29-2007, 01:55 PM
hatrs make me famous

skr00zloose has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by ZeRo_c0oL@work
I've seen an early 90's Katana running around that must have at least a 20" extension... LOL! The innermost part of the rear tire (closest side to the front) stuck out well beyond the tail. It looked SO RIDICULOUS! And the bike barely makes enough power to turn the wheel over.

that bike just left my shop, lol. i took the swingarm off, the guy went back to stock.

and for the record, it was a 24" extension, haha. it was also covered in purple marine vinyl, no paint.

Quick Reply: Bikes with extended back rear wheels