Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

bike theft/identification

Old 10-13-2008, 07:17 PM
On One Wheel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sprayedcivic has disabled reputation
Default bike theft/identification

well alarms and lojack work sometimes but if the thief knows were the box is(lojack is mounted in the same spot on most bikes that are similiar - ex. all cbr600rr and 1000rr box mounted in sa,e spot same with yama and suzukis and kawas) so if the croock knows were one is he know were the other is bottom line if they want it bad enough there gonna get best bet is to mark everything i know emc has a process were they mark you swingarm plastics motor and wheels forks and just about everything else granted it will not keep your shit from being stolen but if it is and you have a suspect or some one is selling parts that look like yours you can check them and find out and most marks are un noticable to the naked eye and cant be seen or found unless you know were to exactluy look and i have heard that some insurance companys give a discount for having this done it may be worth it to check into it for some of you..
Old 10-13-2008, 07:36 PM
БЛЯДЬ!

HEISENBERG HEISENBERG HEISENBERG HEISENBERG HEISENBERG HEISENBERG HEISENBERG HEISENBERG HEISENBERG HEISENBERG HEISENBERG
Default Re: bike theft/identification

Holy shit I'm out of breath.

Thx though.
Old 10-14-2008, 01:24 AM

zx636skiv is on a distinguished road

I had an ex-girlfriend who had all her window glass on her CRX engraved with the vin numbers. That was if someone did steal her car, they would have to replace all the glass before they sold it, in theory making it less valuable to the thief. I don't remember if she got a discount on her insurance or not.

I just make sure my bikes look like crap so no one wants to steal it. Best bet is to keep it locked up inside at night.
The bedroom is a safe place!!

Basically, anything you can do to deter the theft will make it easier. Most thieves will take a bike out of convenience. They most likely won't go into a garage. If it is outside, have it locked to something...takes a lot longer to cut though a chain or cable than it does to just pick it up and toss it in the back of a truck. Years ago when I had to leave mine outside, my apartment had a breezeway and I set an anchor in the concrete with an eyebolt. I then ran a chain through it and my rear rim. Never lost my bike and it was a real bad part of Ocean View!
Old 10-14-2008, 02:05 AM
On 2 now

T226 can only hope to improve

Garage ftw.

But I will def have my stuff engraved.
Old 10-14-2008, 02:12 AM
still building...

ThunderOZRacer is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by zx636skiv
I had an ex-girlfriend who had all her window glass on her CRX engraved with the vin numbers. That was if someone did steal her car, they would have to replace all the glass before they sold it, in theory making it less valuable to the thief. I don't remember if she got a discount on her insurance or not.
How much did that cost her?
Old 10-14-2008, 07:14 AM
Joey Blocks

joeyblocks19 has disabled reputation

im the finance manager at fredericksburg motor sports and were an authorized lojack dealer and all lojack units are not put in the same places ..... thats part of the criteria for install plus they have a 93% recovered rate thats why progressive and geico give A 20% DISCOUNT on your insurance...... i like the sound of that idea though......

Originally Posted by zx636skiv

^^^^^thats a good friend of mine anthony forte's bike....... this is the second part of that pic

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/inde...ageID=16239981
Old 10-15-2008, 01:50 AM

zx636skiv is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by ThunderOZRacer
How much did that cost her?
Not sure, she had money, so I sure she didn't even worry about the cost!

Originally Posted by joeyblocks19
^^^^^thats a good friend of mine anthony forte's bike....... this is the second part of that pic

Yeah, I was looking for the pic of him laying with the bike, but none were large enough!! I still like the pics, can't imagine how hard it was to clean the sheets afterwards though!!

Last edited by zx636skiv; 10-15-2008 at 01:53 AM.
Old 10-15-2008, 06:23 AM
On One Wheel

sprayedcivic has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by joeyblocks19
im the finance manager at fredericksburg motor sports and were an authorized lojack dealer and all lojack units are not put in the same places ..... thats part of the criteria for install plus they have a 93% recovered rate thats why progressive and geico give A 20% DISCOUNT on your insurance...... i like the sound of that idea though......

well i talked to several dealerships the sell lojak and they told me that the manuel says to put the brain in certain spots on each bike either way to help with vibration and heat and it gives you like 2 choices of were to install but either way the more you can do the better
Old 10-15-2008, 07:23 AM
Joey Blocks

joeyblocks19 has disabled reputation

im definatly not saying that the tech insnt limited to choices on a particular bike but even if a thief knew where it was it would still take a good hour to get it out (soldered wires its own battery) but imo its worth it i have one on mine
Old 10-17-2008, 01:38 PM
Registered Member

ef9zc has disabled reputation

[QUOTE=joeyblocks19;4600458]im the finance manager at fredericksburg motor sports and were an authorized lojack dealer and all lojack units are not put in the same places ..... thats part of the criteria for install plus they have a 93% recovered rate thats why progressive and geico give A 20% DISCOUNT on your insurance...... i like the sound of that idea though......

If you go with state farm and your insurance is only 70$ a month or less then you don't have to worry about a 20% DISCOUNT. Gieco and progressive run upwards of 350 for sport bikes a month....

Quick Reply: bike theft/identification