Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

bike shoots flames

Old 05-15-2007, 04:32 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
slow4banger has much to be proud ofslow4banger has much to be proud ofslow4banger has much to be proud ofslow4banger has much to be proud ofslow4banger has much to be proud ofslow4banger has much to be proud ofslow4banger has much to be proud ofslow4banger has much to be proud ofslow4banger has much to be proud ofslow4banger has much to be proud ofslow4banger has much to be proud of
Default bike shoots flames

last night i was heading out to the beach with one of my friends, and we caught a light. he said everytime i was shifting my bike would shoot a flame out of the exhaust. so on our way back, i was looking at the exhaust while i shifted, and sure enough i was shooting flames. it would do it if i was shifting at 7k or at 15k, and i didnt even have to be accelerating fast for it to happen. anyone have any idea why my bike is doing this? its an 05 r6 with a filter and 2 bros slip on.
Old 05-15-2007, 04:35 PM
Registered member

D.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud of
Default Re: bike shoots flames

Originally Posted by slow4banger
last night i was heading out to the beach with one of my friends, and we caught a light. he said everytime i was shifting my bike would shoot a flame out of the exhaust. so on our way back, i was looking at the exhaust while i shifted, and sure enough i was shooting flames. it would do it if i was shifting at 7k or at 15k, and i didnt even have to be accelerating fast for it to happen. anyone have any idea why my bike is doing this? its an 05 r6 with a filter and 2 bros slip on.
Running a little rich maybe?
Old 05-15-2007, 04:41 PM
Registered Member

slow4banger has much to be proud ofslow4banger has much to be proud ofslow4banger has much to be proud ofslow4banger has much to be proud ofslow4banger has much to be proud ofslow4banger has much to be proud ofslow4banger has much to be proud ofslow4banger has much to be proud ofslow4banger has much to be proud ofslow4banger has much to be proud ofslow4banger has much to be proud of

maybe, i dont know. i dont mind it at all, it actually looks pretty cool. just want to know if it could be because of something wrong in the engine
Old 05-15-2007, 04:53 PM
hatrs make me famous

skr00zloose has disabled reputation

it's normal for your setup, and btw, the flame is a lean condition, not rich. the bike runs lean out of the box in order to pass emissions testing. putting the filter in and the slip on makes it leaner still. get yourself a power commander so you can set the A/F mixture where it needs to be.
Old 05-15-2007, 04:57 PM
Registered member

D.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by skr00zloose
it's normal for your setup, and btw, the flame is a lean condition, not rich. the bike runs lean out of the box in order to pass emissions testing. putting the filter in and the slip on makes it leaner still. get yourself a power commander so you can set the A/F mixture where it needs to be.
Ah. I learn something new each day.
Old 05-15-2007, 05:21 PM
Registered Member

NoRider has disabled reputation

couldn't running lean really hurt the engine?
Old 05-15-2007, 06:36 PM

s2k7 has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by NoRider
couldn't running lean really hurt the engine?
yeah but the bike isn't running "THAT" lean.
Old 05-15-2007, 07:44 PM
hatrs make me famous

skr00zloose has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Nates95Accord
yeah but the bike isn't running "THAT" lean.
exactly.

if you ran rediculously lean, the motor could overheat and seize up in a split second. 2 strokes do it all the time.
Old 05-15-2007, 09:33 PM
Registered Member

NoRider has disabled reputation

exactly.

if you ran rediculously lean, the motor could overheat and seize up in a split second. 2 strokes do it all the time.
oh alright, I've always heard that running lean could mess it up, didn't realize it had to be extremely lean to do it. Im assuming bikes dont have any emissions gadgets like cars do, so is it all basically exhaust and how your bike is running?
Old 05-16-2007, 04:39 AM
misunderestimated

Yamamaha has disabled reputation

i always thought that fireballs came from unburned fuel that passed through the cylinder and creating the explosion in the exhaust from running rich. Kinda hard to believe its running lean and shooting fireballs.

Quick Reply: bike shoots flames