Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

the best clutch?!?!?!

Old 03-10-2005, 05:03 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jdmintegra is an unknown quantity at this point
Default the best clutch?!?!?!

i think my bike is starting to slip alil in the clutch dept....i was riding mon when i decided to hit the nitrous one time..i have a 03 954 streched 9" with a shinko rear and front tire..but anyways.. i was going 75 in 4th gear and sprayed it well it took off like a bat out of hell rpms shot up to 10k and sat there then dropped to 9....i dunno if the clutch was slipping alil of if the tire was spinning...the bike didnt slow down at all..it still hit 160 like it wasent anything..im thinking about just getting all new plates from honda and upgraden the springs from barnett..any info u guys have would help me out..my bike has 8,500 miles on it to...not driven hard either..dragged a coupe times but thats it
Old 03-10-2005, 05:09 PM
Handling is Key!

Voodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these parts
Default Re: the best clutch?!?!?!

Barnett
Old 03-10-2005, 05:21 PM
Registered Member

zx12guy is an unknown quantity at this point

stock
Old 03-11-2005, 07:58 AM
Registered Member

Del La Sol 1320 has disabled reputation

heard bad things about barnett, but i've also sold plenty of them with little problem, but i've never heard anyone complain about stock and thats what most of my serious drag racing customers request, but stock is usually double the price or more... so take that for what its worth, but yea the absolute best is probably stock, lots of really fast guys in all kinds of racing still running stock
Old 03-11-2005, 10:36 AM
Registered Member

jdmintegra is an unknown quantity at this point

yea ive also heard bad things about barnett...fibers from the pads breaking into the oil and locking the engine up or eating the bearings up..imma go head and order a stock one
Old 03-11-2005, 12:30 PM
Registered Member

Del La Sol 1320 has disabled reputation

yea thats what i've heard, but i guess its not an issue on V8's bikes, those dry duc clutches sound cool with a vented cover
Old 03-11-2005, 04:47 PM
Handling is Key!

Voodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these parts

well, Ive run Barnetts for 4 years now with no problems, but I also run a DRY clutch.