Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

best bike for turbo setup

Old 06-18-2006, 09:55 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bustadust can only hope to improve
Default Re: best bike for turbo setup

its not just attention i want, it just sort of comes wif the package...i love the noise to be honest, it would make me smile everytime i hear it..hah i only want to run like 8psi nothin serious...so u think i should get a 750 gixxer?
Old 06-18-2006, 10:11 AM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

8psi on a 750cc motorcycle.... "nothing serious" ?????????
Old 06-18-2006, 10:40 AM
hatrs make me famous

skr00zloose has disabled reputation

8psi on a street bike is alot. the compression on any newer bike is gonna be too high to run 8psi on the street, on a internally stock motor. you'd either have to run lower compression pistons, or runs a thicker head gasket to lower the compression. think about the stock compression ratio on a car (even a high performance car) vs. any stock sportbike. how do you think manufacturers get such high power to displacement ratios on bikes?? the jack the compression sky high (amungst other things). that's all fine and good for normal induction, but you'd have to run stupid high octane race gas ALL THE TIME if you forced 8 psi thru a motor with compression that high, just to keep the motor from knocking itself to death.
Old 06-18-2006, 11:00 AM
ASE Master

onepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud of

get a 04/05 gsxr600, go to turbobikeresearch.com and get a NICE BOLT ON, turn key kit for 3 grand.. get someone to install it and your done. i believe someone dyno'd 15x.xx hp with that setup on a k4/5 gsxr600 on 5 psi of boost. (like i said, i believe). i remeber it being a quite a bike of a jump in power.
Old 06-18-2006, 11:17 AM
Registered Member

95B18c1 95B18c1 95B18c1 95B18c1 95B18c1 95B18c1

I was looking into that, but with the swap there's no space for anything. But does anyone have a nitrous set-up, there getting rid of?
Old 06-18-2006, 11:29 AM
hatrs make me famous

shoulda said something sooner, i just sold the wet setup off my old gsxr 7/12 a lil while ago.
Old 06-18-2006, 01:48 PM
Registered Member

Bustadust can only hope to improve

so legend if i bought this kit http://www.turbobikeresearch.com/shop.php?sid=&cat=482 and a 750gixxer, u think u could do it?
Old 06-18-2006, 03:05 PM
ASE Master

onepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud of

haha... just turbo a 600.. youll have the power of a gsxr1000 and your cool little "pppsssshhh" sound your going for...
Old 06-18-2006, 05:36 PM
Registered Member

DC97Cobra is a name known to allDC97Cobra is a name known to allDC97Cobra is a name known to allDC97Cobra is a name known to allDC97Cobra is a name known to allDC97Cobra is a name known to all

Kawasaki ZX-11D's make awesome turbo bikes!
Old 06-18-2006, 06:02 PM
hatrs make me famous

Originally Posted by Bustadust
so legend if i bought this kit http://www.turbobikeresearch.com/shop.php?sid=&cat=482 and a 750gixxer, u think u could do it?

yup, though i'd just buy the complete kit, rather than have me build all the pipework and stuff. it's alot cheaper that way, and they've done the r&d with it, so it'll probably perform a lil better, since i don't have as much experience with that particular setup.

OR you could go see Lee Shiertz (sp?) in carolina and have him build you a "scud" (gixxer6 with a 'busa motor) and REALLY have some fun. that's deffinately not cheap though, but MAN they are fun!!!

btw.. i don't know if you've ever ridden a turbo bike, but don't try and do alot of wheelies with one... when they come "on boost", they'll put you on your ass QUICK. power wheelies are gonna happen...i'm talking long, high interstate wheelies and stuff. the power curve on a turbo motor just isn't smooth enough for that type of riding.

anywho.. if you're serious, let me know. i'll deffinately get it done for you, but only one condition....you have to let me take it for a spin

Quick Reply: best bike for turbo setup