Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

Anyone run their bike yet this year at VMP?

Old 04-27-2006, 08:24 PM
ASE Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
onepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud of
Default Anyone run their bike yet this year at VMP?

So me and a couple guys are going up to VMP, and i hear they have some new rules for this year since its a NHRA track now. i was planning to run my new gsxr600, but i dont want to get all the way up there and fail tech for something stupid. i plan to stop by a bike shop tomorrow afternoon and pick up a leather jacket, i have some a-stars racing boots, and some a-stars racing-guantlet style gloves. will all that with some jeans be ok?

i went out there last year on my sv650s, and i saw some guys running in tennis shoes, mesh jackets, and dirtbike gloves.

also, i heard that i would need a kill switch attached to me? im not trying to drill a hole in the kill switch of my brand new bike.

like i said, last year they seemed pretty slack, have they tighted up alot this year?
Old 04-28-2006, 07:27 AM
ASE Master

onepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud of
Default Re: Anyone run their bike yet this year at VMP?

anyone?
Old 04-28-2006, 07:30 AM

DC4INTEGRA DC4INTEGRA DC4INTEGRA DC4INTEGRA DC4INTEGRA DC4INTEGRA DC4INTEGRA DC4INTEGRA DC4INTEGRA DC4INTEGRA DC4INTEGRA

i went the first weekend they opened......... they told me and my buddies quite a few times to put leates on........if you trap over 130mph you need full leathers and if you break into the 10's you need full leathers, also if you have nitrous just dont mention it to tech

they were alil too strict for us so we are going to richmond tonite to run our bikes
Old 04-28-2006, 09:59 AM
ASE Master

I was thinking about richmond, i just dont know where its at. i hear you will get alot more runs in as well. how many guys are you getting together? i might do that.