Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

anybody want to ride to the dragva meet?

Old 09-21-2004, 06:57 AM
Patron

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus
Default Re: anybody want to ride to the dragva meet?

Originally Posted by Mr.6
What time does it start and what time is it over. If its still going on after i get off work, i might just roll out there. But i need a chain first
Dont know I think is starts at 12:00 check the link from the first post.., I think it ends till when ever but who knows.
Old 09-21-2004, 07:20 AM
Chillaxin

Mr.6 Mr.6 Mr.6 Mr.6 Mr.6

Originally Posted by Chino
ehh..what happened to your chain??
Well, when my sprockets came in, they came with a nice new RK 520XSO RX-ring chain, and i went ahead and put it on the bike. Since i cant use a clip device on the master link (yamaha doesnt recommend it) i would need a riveting tool to flatten the pin heads. I went to the local bike shops for a riveting tool and none of them had one, but said they could order one. After going through the catalog, they said i could choose from these ones *pointing to the catalog* To my shock and amazement, those fucking bitches range from $110-600!!!! I was like

So i decided i would let the chain touch the floor and just used two hammers, swinging one at the chain with the other hammer on the adjacent side of it to give it support. Well it worked. Then, i go to tighten the chain, and even with the wheel being back as far as it would go, there was still a shit load of slack on the chain (it was 120 link). So i call up John (3gturbo) and i asked what the hell should i do, he said take off 1 or 2 links. I asked how the hell do i get the links off and he told me i needed to grind off the riveted pins. So i go and buy some bits and grind off two of the fucking links. Oh yeah, when i used my chain breaker on the master link, it fucked up the grooves on the pins which lock the outer link-plate on. When i put the chain on with two links removed, it was now too short!!! Even with the wheel all the way forward! And i must have ground the pins down too short on the links because now i cant the links i took off back on Long story short, i think i need a new chain.
Old 09-21-2004, 07:41 AM
Your Kneegrow

Chino has disabled reputation

damn dude...that sucks. anyway u can buy some pins for the chain instead? so at least you have a chain!
Old 09-21-2004, 07:46 AM
Registered Member

Del La Sol 1320 has disabled reputation

when you say you removed two links, did you remove two as in two outter links(most people think this is two, its actually four), or two as in one outter and one inner(most people think this is one link)... if you count the chain just outter links on a 120 chain you would actually see its only 60, the inner links account for the other 60... if you did it the correct way i don't know, must have just made an error in the adjustment somewhere

what size front and rear sprockets are you running?
Old 09-21-2004, 07:48 AM
Your Kneegrow

Chino has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Del La Sol 1320
when you say you removed two links, did you remove two as in two outter links(most people think this is two, its actually four), or two as in one outter and one inner(most people think this is one link)... if you count the chain just outter links on a 120 chain you would actually see its only 60, the inner links account for the other 60... if you did it the correct way i don't know, must have just made an error in the adjustment somewhere

with all that ganja, he was probably seeing doubles that's why he removed 4 instead of 2
Old 09-21-2004, 08:08 AM
Chillaxin

Mr.6 Mr.6 Mr.6 Mr.6 Mr.6

16 (stock size) up front and 50 (up 2 from 48 stock) in the rear. From the way you describe it, i probably actually removed 4, but seeing as im just so frustrated with it, i cant seem to remember exactly. How much would the same exact chain run through you Bret? I know getting a new one would be stupid, but i could always use the links from this chain if i ever needed some again. Id rather just start off anew.

Originally Posted by Chino
with all that ganja, he was probably seeing doubles that's why he removed 4 instead of 2
I no smokey when i did this work. Maybe abestos from the brake pads? Or it could have been that i was in an incredible hurry to get the job done because I was limited to how much time the weather would be/stay nice.

EDIT** On topic: im trying to go to this meet very badly, but i highly doubt i can get a new chain or replacement links by Saturday.
Old 09-21-2004, 08:27 AM
Cock of the Infinite

tiki240 tiki240 tiki240 tiki240 tiki240 tiki240 tiki240 tiki240 tiki240 tiki240 tiki240

OH SHIT. ABESTOS YOU HAVE MESOTHELIOMA......A MALIGNANT TYPE OF TUMOR CAUSED BY *click* oh thank god i turned off the tv... i hate james sockmymom and his stupid fucking commercial.....argh. i need to fix my damn gix
Old 09-21-2004, 09:30 AM
Registered Member

if you are stock up front and +2 on the rear then you would want 118 links(+2 from the stock 116), so it would be loose with the full 120 on and the guy told you right to remove 2, sounds like you just removed 4 on accident, its ok, i've done it before(on customer's 20$ dirt bike chains though)

i have that exact chain at my house, its for a friend of mine though, but if you can't find one in time for the meet and we haven't put it on his bike yet you can get it... if not lemme know i can order you one today and get it probably thursday, its 90$
Old 09-21-2004, 10:45 AM
Chillaxin

Mr.6 Mr.6 Mr.6 Mr.6 Mr.6

if you are stock up front and +2 on the rear then you would want 118 links(+2 from the stock 116), so it would be loose with the full 120 on and the guy told you right to remove 2, sounds like you just removed 4 on accident, its ok, i've done it before(on customer's 20$ dirt bike chains though)

i have that exact chain at my house, its for a friend of mine though, but if you can't find one in time for the meet and we haven't put it on his bike yet you can get it... if not lemme know i can order you one today and get it probably thursday, its 90$

A new one will work since you might get it Thurs. Whichever isnt on backorder (gold or silver) and can get here faster ill be happy with. You think the clutch will be in the same day?
Old 09-21-2004, 01:09 PM
Registered Member

i ordered you the silver to be safe, gold is available but would be coming out of wisconson, the silver is coming out of NC and should be here thursday... the clutch just came in a few minutes ago

Quick Reply: anybody want to ride to the dragva meet?