Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

Age limitations and specifications

Old 11-16-2008, 05:28 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
white_spider has disabled reputation
Default Age limitations and specifications

I'm going to be turning 18 in about a year. I've noticed that to get your license you hold a permit for nine months. Do I need my parents consent to get the permit? (that way I can get my license when I turn 18)
Also what are the limitations of the permit. I know I had to have driver over 18 accompany me while driving when I had my regular driving permit, is it the same for a motorcycle permit?

What would be the best way for me to go about getting my drivers license for a motorcycle as soon as possible if my parents aren't willing to assist in any way possible?

Thanks,

Joe
Old 11-16-2008, 05:35 PM
I like grape drank

Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican
Default Re: Age limitations and specifications

You have to be 19 to get a motorcycles license without waiting the 9 month period, since your turning 18 your under that age limit like me. What I did was I got my motorcycle learners permit from DMV by taking the written test, then went to MSF and did their riding and written tests which (when i aced the mofo) gave me a slip that allows me to hand it in at DMV 9 months from my permit reception date and automatically getting my m class without doing any more DMV tests (which i recomend...MSF is a MUSSSST!)

The motorcycle learners is a bit tricky however, its not always clearly defined but from what I've gotten out of DMV and MSF and friends that ride is that you have to have someone over 18 WITH m class designation riding with you...or driving (they don't have to be on a bike too, as long as they have the license).

hope this helps, good luck, be safe, and take MSF
Old 11-16-2008, 05:47 PM
SV haver

chappe chappe chappe chappe chappe chappe chappe chappe chappe chappe chappe

there's thread already on this.... good luck, and be safe lil dude

https://www.vadriven.com/forums/cycle-corner-41/license-permit-info-virginia-101468/
Old 11-17-2008, 12:25 PM
Registered Member

white_spider has disabled reputation

pbluva, did you need your parents consent for anything? I don't want to go through a bunch of stuff just to hear that I need my parents to get it for me and have to start all over again. I'm 17, and I doubt their going assist me in getting a permit. (I do have a valid license though)
Old 11-17-2008, 06:20 PM
I like grape drank

Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican

umm i don't remember. my mom was with me at the time but that was just to show my green card and birth certificate, so play it safe and see if they'll come along. driving is a privilege not a right is what i had to hear tonight over and over when i finally got my hard copy for my drivers lol.