Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

09 R1

Old 05-01-2009, 09:45 AM
Slow as Shit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow
Default Re: 09 R1

Originally Posted by h22_Lude
i started on a 900, its not that bad just keep that front wheel on the ground and dont be a jackass and you'll be fine. Oh and take the course most definetly, and dont try to bring that thing to dmv to get your license cuz itll be a waste of your time
^ more ignorance, but that is ok. How is he going to be able to keep the front wheel down when he has no knowledge of how the bike reacts to given inputs and especially if he makes a mistake?

Just because 1 person started on a 900 doesn't mean everyone can. I am willing to say that a person who starts on a 250 will be a better rider overall than 1 who starts on a 900.

I am not going to argue this to death because in my experience and just about every other sportbike forum recommends is the same when it comes to new riders and what type bike they should be on for a beginner. It is their ass that is going down not mine, so I just laugh.
Old 05-01-2009, 10:03 AM
Registered Member

sir loin will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Cr33pin
you can kill yourself on a 600 just as easy as you can a 1000
i know a few kids who started on a 1000 an they are still alive an kickin
an then theres brian....... he put his 636 down 3 times an jus last month he bought as brand new gixxer 1000

dunno bout that kid
lol

you should teach him how to ride. until he learns what he is doing wrong, he will be making the same mistakes over and over again.
Old 05-01-2009, 11:39 AM
Your Kneegrow

Chino has disabled reputation

i like pie..
Old 05-01-2009, 11:54 AM
SV haver

chappe chappe chappe chappe chappe chappe chappe chappe chappe chappe chappe

i need a haircut
Old 05-01-2009, 12:18 PM
Registered Member

Ablack92hatch has disabled reputation

I'v taken the safety class at TNCC. Had my liscence for like 3years. And I used to have a 600 f2 and learned a lot on that bike, i never rode on tarmac, i always rode on my dirt road. But I got to learn to feel how the bike moves, somewhat.
Old 05-01-2009, 12:24 PM
Slow as Shit

Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow

Originally Posted by Ablack92hatch
I'v taken the safety class at TNCC. Had my liscence for like 3years. And I used to have a 600 f2 and learned a lot on that bike, i never rode on tarmac, i always rode on my dirt road. But I got to learn to feel how the bike moves, somewhat.
Taking a safety class and riding at 15 mph in a parking lot on a closed course is nothing compared to taking a turn at 75 mph on the roads and seeing some gravel and knowing how to avoid it without wrecking. Do you know what you should do for when you encounter a tank slapper?

Are you saying you rode a sportbike on a dirt road for 3 years? How much experience do you have on that F2 actually riding on the street and putting the bike through it's paces(turning, accelerating, braking, evasive actions, etc).

Last edited by Woodrow; 05-01-2009 at 12:26 PM.
Old 05-01-2009, 12:30 PM
Murdered Out

Up_on1 is a name known to allUp_on1 is a name known to allUp_on1 is a name known to allUp_on1 is a name known to allUp_on1 is a name known to allUp_on1 is a name known to all

Good looking bike. Ride safe.
Old 05-01-2009, 02:22 PM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Woodrow
Do you know what you should do for when you encounter a tank slapper?
well the r1 has a stabilizer on it, so i was told a tank slapper shouldn't be a problem. But if it was/is a problem, what should I do?

Are you saying you rode a sportbike on a dirt road for 3 years? How much experience do you have on that F2 actually riding on the street and putting the bike through it's paces(turning, accelerating, braking, evasive actions, etc).
More or less rode it on a dirt road that is packed pretty hard, not like sand. but anyways I am pretty fresh to putting the bike through its paces, thats y I am asking for any advise.

Thanks
Old 05-01-2009, 02:27 PM
Registered Member

Taking a safety class and riding at 15 mph in a parking lot on a closed course is nothing compared to taking a turn at 75 mph on the roads and seeing some gravel and knowing how to avoid it without wrecking.
please enlighten me. I am here to learn.

I would say I would try to change lanes(if possible), or get the bike upright as i go through the gravel (so the rear doesnt slide out) and continue to turn afterwards.

Is that correct?

Last edited by Ablack92hatch; 05-01-2009 at 02:27 PM. Reason: sp
Old 05-01-2009, 02:30 PM
Registered Member

If anyone has had a random/scarry experience and had to react, feel free to share. but please have a what happened and how you reacted to save your ass.