Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

05 R6 front end swap on an 06 R6s

Old 10-18-2009, 02:32 PM
TRIED HIS GT!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT
Default 05 R6 front end swap on an 06 R6s

So... I recently picked up an 05 parts bike because I wanted the front end from it.

I decided to go ahead and tackle this Saturday afternoon. Total swap time took me about 2 - 3 hours.

That is time from taking the 05 forks, upper and lower tripple tree's, the clip ons, berrings, brake system, and swapping rims.

The swap was straight forward and went smoothly. It is on my bike and and rides ok. I have not been able to test it out since the weather has been so great lately. As soon as the rain stops I will be able to get out there and see what its like. I am hoping to feel a difference in it.

I also will have to do some adjustments to it. For my ride weight, compression, and rebound.

Last edited by FairladyZTT; 10-18-2009 at 03:51 PM.
Old 10-18-2009, 02:38 PM
yes sir

rollingstock has disabled reputation
Default Re: 05 R6 front end swap on an 06 R6s

haha you and 3 other ppl....

dont really think it would have tookn 2-3hrs if there werent alot of joking and shit talking going on.. and plus the tools wouldnt stop walking away
Old 10-18-2009, 02:42 PM
holla

j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3

Where is the custom fighters "this thread is worthless without pics" smiley?
Old 10-18-2009, 03:07 PM
TRIED HIS GT!

FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT

Originally Posted by rollingstock
haha you and 3 other ppl....

dont really think it would have tookn 2-3hrs if there werent alot of joking and shit talking going on.. and plus the tools wouldnt stop walking away
mostly me and crash... You added off and on... wasn't 3 other people. Was 3 total. Not to mention... we didnt have a jack or anything. It wasn't that bad or a turn around. And we had limited tools to work with at that. 1 set of allens, half a set of socket and 1 rachet.
Old 10-18-2009, 03:15 PM
yes sir

Originally Posted by FairladyZTT
mostly me and crash... You added off and on... wasn't 3 other people. Was 3 total. Not to mention... we didnt have a jack or anything. It wasn't that bad or a turn around. And we had limited tools to work with at that. 1 set of allens, half a set of socket and 1 rachet.
lol yaya i know.. woulda been alot faster if i would have had my tools.

i did all the hard stuff.. i only jumped in b.c u guys were moving to slow. crash had a confused look on his face..

it was to many ppl fucking the same horse.. it would have been faster and easyer for one person to do each bike.. probly why i had your bike ready faster than u and crash had the 05 haha just saying
Old 10-18-2009, 03:44 PM
TRIED HIS GT!

i did all the hard stuff.. i only jumped in b.c u guys were moving to slow. crash had a confused look on his face..

it was to many ppl fucking the same horse.. it would have been faster and easyer for one person to do each bike.. probly why i had your bike ready faster than u and crash had the 05 haha just saying
your so full of shit.. Crash took apart my bike... and I did the 05. The only thing that we worked together on was taking off the plastics so that we were working at the same pace. Not to mention we were making decisions along the way. Pulling my wiring apart and things of that nature. You didnt get up till he was struggling to get the bar end off... but at that point it was a loose clip on and the triple trees were off.

You helped pull the forks off and put the new forks on. Then you went and sat down again. LOL... but in a way.. 3 would have been a crowd.
Old 10-18-2009, 03:52 PM
TRIED HIS GT!

stock helping

lol.. told you I would post it.

Old 10-19-2009, 03:57 PM
yes sir

Originally Posted by FairladyZTT
stock helping

lol.. told you I would post it.

LOL i just had fun making fun of you girls
Old 10-19-2009, 04:00 PM
Dickbutt #peentip

Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin

lemme get the motor!
Old 10-19-2009, 05:46 PM
TRIED HIS GT!

Originally Posted by Kris.Is.Foamin
lemme get the motor!
I am keeping that.. It will either be put in my bike or on a go-kart.

Quick Reply: 05 R6 front end swap on an 06 R6s