Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Yellow/Red Light Camera

Old 04-06-2008, 02:49 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts
Default Yellow/Red Light Camera

I generally dont even attempt to enter an intersection if its yellow, but it being so rainy out today, I didnt think it would have been safe to slam on the brakes. It went yellow as I entered and it must have gone red as I went under the light as my GF saw the camera flash.

This happenned on Broad a bit north of Parham.

Can anyone tell me what generally happens with this and where I might find the actual law as to what constitutes me running the light?

Ive read (granted it was in the NOVA forum) that its a non-point offense as they cant prove who was driving at the time of the offense. This true? Anyone know how much the fine is?

Any help/advice would be great.
Old 04-06-2008, 03:38 PM
Registered Member

GOOKY4U GOOKY4U GOOKY4U GOOKY4U GOOKY4U GOOKY4U GOOKY4U GOOKY4U GOOKY4U GOOKY4U
Default Re: Yellow/Red Light Camera

well in cali...its 300 dollar fine. How many cameras were there? Here, we have 4 cameras at the intersection...it takes one of the rear and one of the front and one in the intersection...then they zoom in on ur face...but then again, its cali. I got flashed twice in DC at the speed cameras and never got a ticket...from what i was told, Virginia abolished the camera law. theres still some there, but im not quite sure if its still in use.

But when it was in use, they were easily fightable. Just go to court and talk to the judge...wait til you get the ticket.
Old 04-06-2008, 03:41 PM
Registered Member

95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by k20civic
well in cali...its 300 dollar fine. How many cameras were there? Here, we have 4 cameras at the intersection...it takes one of the rear and one of the front and one in the intersection...then they zoom in on ur face...but then again, its cali. I got flashed twice in DC at the speed cameras and never got a ticket...from what i was told, Virginia abolished the camera law. theres still some there, but im not quite sure if its still in use.
My GF is from outside LA, and thats exactly what she told me. We both saw the flash kind of above the car (as we were under the light). From what I can tell, there is just the one camera above the signal itself...though I cant say for sure.

Regarding the cameras being in use or not, it seems as if they were abolished in 2005 and then reinstated in 2007 (so long as the municipality can prove "xyz facts" about the intersection. I think it wouldnt have flashed if it werent in use.

So far, it looks like from reading on here that the fine might be $50 and no points...I just want to know others experience before I check the mailbox everyday this week.
Old 04-06-2008, 04:45 PM
Ich liebe Bier

BuiltforSin BuiltforSin BuiltforSin BuiltforSin BuiltforSin BuiltforSin BuiltforSin BuiltforSin BuiltforSin BuiltforSin BuiltforSin

When did they get a red light camera on Broad?
Old 04-06-2008, 04:53 PM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by mugenej8power
When did they get a red light camera on Broad?
I definitely saw the flash..who knows when the camera was installed.

I dont know which intersection it was. It was atleast 2 lights after the intersection of Homeview and Broad. (I left the Golds Gym headed towards Short Pump)...

Anyone with experience would be GREAT. I just want to try and put my mind at ease.
Old 04-06-2008, 05:51 PM
Banned

chuki ka-t is an unknown quantity at this point

Damn theres Cameras on Broad. When did they install that shyt?
Old 04-06-2008, 05:56 PM
Pho King

legacyspecb will become famous soon enough

those cameras are only there for accident purposes, not red lights. thats what i heard from a henrico cop
Old 04-06-2008, 06:05 PM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by legacyspecb
those cameras are only there for accident purposes, not red lights. thats what i heard from a henrico cop
Ive only been here for a month, but I dont generally see them flash at every red light...I would guess my presence under the light made it flash.

Did you hear that from this cop recently??
Old 04-06-2008, 06:15 PM
Pho King

legacyspecb will become famous soon enough

about a month ago, and the only cameras that work for red lights are located in NoVA area, examples..Fairfax, Arlington, and surrounding areas
Old 04-06-2008, 06:20 PM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by legacyspecb
about a month ago, and the only cameras that work for red lights are located in NoVA area, examples..Fairfax, Arlington, and surrounding areas
Hmm...that would be AWESOME if it were the case. Thanks for chiming in!

Ill still check the mailbox nervously this week just cause Im anal like that.

Quick Reply: Yellow/Red Light Camera