Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

why do people do this?

Old 10-25-2005, 09:01 PM
rock ya body baby

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
IPUNCHBABIES IPUNCHBABIES IPUNCHBABIES IPUNCHBABIES IPUNCHBABIES IPUNCHBABIES IPUNCHBABIES IPUNCHBABIES IPUNCHBABIES IPUNCHBABIES IPUNCHBABIES
Default why do people do this?

i w know why everytime someone comes to me looking to trade or sell my car to them they always bail at the last moment... here are some examples.....

earlier this year i bought a 88 hatch. i put alot of time and money into this thing getting it the way i wanted it... 94 gsr swap, mugen body kit, short shifter, ect...... well im on drag one day and i get a pm from a guy wanting to trade his bagged truck. we make plans to meet up in a couple of days, i call my friend who has a rollback and we load it up and head to fredricksburg. we meet the guy at taco bell and he looks it over and says he wants to do the trade( i gave him a chance to say no!!!) well at the time he said yes i see this old guy walk up and start looking at my car with this wtf look.. i start joking on the guy with my friend because this guy was like 40 years old with these tight american eagle shorts, this tight american eagle orange shirt thats tucked in his shorts, and his hair slicked back( might as well been a comb over because he was going bald it looked like) and some off brand sunglasses on his head...he starts talking to the guy who wants to trade me and starts downing my car right in front of me..... i was pissed, but the dude said it again..." i still wanna trade''( note this is the second chance he had to bail out).well the old man gets in this 99-01 black vw golf, i had to laugh again because i gave you the mental pic of the guy, he is old enough to be my dad... this car had ricer all over it.. he had the nice looking vw rims on the back with these piece of crap wheels on the front, a poo-ass exhaust tip and probally a little gay ass air freshener hanging from his rear view...i dunno...well the guy says follow him to his shop, my friend is in the rollback with his girlfriend and im following him in my girlfriends civic...half way there my friend calls my cell and tells me that those two guys are on the phone with each other.... " i bet they bail now'' are the words that came out of my friends mouth..sure enough we pull over in a food-lion parking lot and he was like"i changed my mind''.... i said WTF MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you drug us all the way out here and said yes now your changing your mind?!?!?!?! at this point my budy and i are pissed because we had to load the damn thing up and drive all over fredricksburg plus some... the old guy was like trying to be mr. cool at this point... he said that he knows about the guys truck and blaah blah blah it used to be his blah blah blah. well anyways he was like here is for your trip.............he hands me and my buddy 20 dollars each...WTF MAN 40 BUCKS BETWEEN THE BOTH OF US CANT GET A HALF OF TANK IN THE ROLLBACK!!!!!!!!!! well we headed back and dropped the car off at my house and ended up being pissed off and parting it out....

2nd one happened a few days ago, a guy with a 94 coupe came to me wanting to trade for my 240sx. he wanted to meet up that day but i couldnt because i had to work.. i told him we will meet monday at kings dominion.... he gave my his phone number and i called him later that night and made everything final..he told me to close my thread because it was settled.. well sunday i try to call the guy to make sure it was cool...no answer so i thought everything was still on. monday i go to kings dominion looking to meet the guy.... he never shows up!!!!!!!! so i come back call him and pm him wondering where he is.... he wont return my calls or pm..WTF DUDE!!!AT LEAST TELL ME YOU CANT SHOW UP, DAMN!!!!!!!!!!anna
Old 10-25-2005, 09:06 PM
Registered member

GripSpec has disabled reputation
Default Re: why do people do this?

you should probably ask people to meet somewhere around where you live, instead of driving to them all of the time. Then it would be such a loss if they don't show. If they're really serious about the car, they'll make the drive.
Old 10-25-2005, 09:07 PM
Registered Member

slvrgtstang has disabled reputation

no respect...
Old 10-25-2005, 09:09 PM
rock ya body baby

IPUNCHBABIES IPUNCHBABIES IPUNCHBABIES IPUNCHBABIES IPUNCHBABIES IPUNCHBABIES IPUNCHBABIES IPUNCHBABIES IPUNCHBABIES IPUNCHBABIES IPUNCHBABIES

Originally Posted by Boost_up
you should probably ask people to meet somewhere around where you live, instead of driving to them all of the time. Then it would be such a loss if they don't show. If they're really serious about the car, they'll make the drive.
im going to next time.. this half way bullshit is killing me.
Old 10-25-2005, 09:24 PM
rock ya body baby

Originally Posted by black240
im going to next time.. this half way bullshit is killing me.
i just wish i had a pic of the old guy... photochop would be great
Old 10-25-2005, 09:28 PM
Registered Member

Jason R Jason R Jason R Jason R Jason R Jason R Jason R Jason R Jason R Jason R Jason R

wow, got cliff notes?
Old 10-25-2005, 09:39 PM
Registered member

GripSpec has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by UNCDooD
wow, got cliff notes?
this person gets talked into going to meet up with peole who are "interested" in buying his car, then the people who are interested keep backing out or not showing up.

thats what i gathered after 56 minutes of reading.
Old 10-25-2005, 09:41 PM
Registered Member

Jason R Jason R Jason R Jason R Jason R Jason R Jason R Jason R Jason R Jason R Jason R

this person gets talked into going to meet up with peole who are "interested" in buying his car, then the people who are interested keep backing out or not showing up.

haha, i didn't waste the 56 minutes of reading time. lol
Old 10-25-2005, 09:41 PM
rock ya body baby

lol sorry about the long ass story, i felt i couldnt leave anything out
Old 11-12-2005, 01:25 PM
Banned

skott is an unknown quantity at this point

No Offence but thats the same story you get every where else in every state from every other board... People saying one thing doing another and / or low balling like a mutha... good luck w/ your next sale..
~skottie b...