Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Where can I mount some tires TODAY

Old 07-10-2006, 06:03 PM
TERMIN8

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ThroatyStang has disabled reputation
Default Re: Where can I mount some tires TODAY

Originally Posted by Woodrow
When you stretch a tire, it is unsafe. There isnt a guarantee that it will not have fitment issues.
BTW, you revved me and Beverly(in thew Z/28 behind me) yesterday when you were on Broad st and I was turning onto Lauderdale
Yeah that was me, I was leaving work in the Gay Sailin. Haha, I thought the Camaro was yours also haha. Too bad I wasnt in the Cobra
Old 07-10-2006, 06:34 PM
Slow as Shit

Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow

I didn't post about the hatefest. I could care less about who hates who.

I commented on the fact that stretching a tire like that in that application isn't smart. There are performance reasons why I state that. If it was, your major tire manufacturers would recommend that in their fitment guides. They don't and for a reason. You can argue all you guys wan't, I'm not, you can put on a 315 for all I care.
Old 07-10-2006, 06:36 PM
Slow as Shit

Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow

Originally Posted by ThroatyStang
Yeah that was me, I was leaving work in the Gay Sailin. Haha, I thought the Camaro was yours also haha. Too bad I wasnt in the Cobra
Yeah she took me to a buddies house for me to pick up my car after we were working on it.

I am sure you will see me at the strip some time.
Old 07-10-2006, 06:39 PM
Registered Member

FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam

I wasnt singling you out Phil, just to everyone from previous threads.
Old 07-10-2006, 06:41 PM
Slow as Shit

Ok.
Old 07-10-2006, 07:26 PM
Registered Member

ClassicJDMCars has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Woodrow
I didn't post about the hatefest. I could care less about who hates who.

I commented on the fact that stretching a tire like that in that application isn't smart. There are performance reasons why I state that. If it was, your major tire manufacturers would recommend that in their fitment guides. They don't and for a reason. You can argue all you guys wan't, I'm not, you can put on a 315 for all I care.

So explain why Falken says and i quote "Our tires are are safe stretched"

Yes, they really have said that, especially if you go to a drift event and pass by their booth. They "claim" to have the only tire safe enough to stretch.. haha funny but whatever.

Quoted from another board just for fun, cause I hope Terry's thread gets locked!
And as for the safety issue... ask whoever bugs you about it next time if they can provide proof that the number of stretched tire blowouts have caused more catastrophic damage/danger than non-stretched tire blowouts... because when a stretched tire goes out, the tread actually remains on the rim, allowing you to still drive yourself to safety. When a normal tire setup blows out, that tread ends up on the freeway, putting you on the ground, and potentially fucking up whoever happens to run over that runaway tread. Present that tidbit of info to the antagonist and see what they have to say about that....
What I don't understand is why people feel it's necessary to inform someone (who obviously knows what they are doing) that something is unsafe????
I mean, honestly, who the fuck cares if you think that? If you truely feel that way don't run that shit, but please there's no need to blab on about something you've never even tried.

No offence phil, i just think you're incorrect.
Old 07-10-2006, 07:28 PM
DURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok

Once again, I don't think it's really a safety issue.

I just think it's dumb. You spend big money on wide wheels, big money on making a lot of power and then you bottleneck the shit out of it by running a tire 50-60mm narrower than you can.

I just don't get it.
Old 07-10-2006, 07:29 PM
Registered Member

FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam

Hey Chris...i heard it's unsafe to cut your lower control arms in half so that you can have -8* camber.

Just FYI.

Old 07-10-2006, 07:35 PM
Desolation

Flinch Flinch Flinch Flinch Flinch Flinch Flinch Flinch Flinch Flinch Flinch

Originally Posted by The Wok
Once again, I don't think it's really a safety issue.

I just think it's dumb. You spend big money on wide wheels, big money on making a lot of power and then you bottleneck the shit out of it by running a tire 50-60mm narrower than you can.

I just don't get it.
I'm all about having more tire than necessary.
Old 07-10-2006, 07:40 PM
superuser

Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd

Haters.

Quick Reply: Where can I mount some tires TODAY