Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Wheel Tire Question

Old 01-04-2009, 12:08 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mindphreak has disabled reputation
Default Wheel Tire Question

Hello all,

I have an 08 SI Sedan stock 215/45/17 +45 offset wheels and tires. I am lowered 1.4" all around with Eibach sportslines. I did not install these myself so I don't know if any camber adjustment was made. Most of you probably know if that is something usually done. I have not clue.

just purchased some NT03+M 18" x 7.5" +42 offset Hyper Black Enkei wheels.

I am looking for advice on a all season performance tire I have been reading up on Nitto, Toyo, Kumo, Falken etc but wanted the best tire for my dollar. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

I also had a question about tire size. Has anyone with a similar setup has success with going 225/40/18 tires without rubbing with a 1.4 drop or should I stay in 215/40/18?

I also am trying to get a mental picture of what this will look like since I rarely see any Galaxy Grey in color.

Scott

Here is a link to the wheel

http://www.tirerack.com/upgrade_gara...sh=Hyper+Black

Last edited by Mindphreak; 01-04-2009 at 12:27 PM. Reason: added link to pic
Old 01-05-2009, 02:38 PM
Registered Member

TINTASSASSIN has disabled reputation
Default Re: Wheel Tire Question

Originally Posted by Mindphreak
Hello all,

I have an 08 SI Sedan stock 215/45/17 +45 offset wheels and tires. I am lowered 1.4" all around with Eibach sportslines. I did not install these myself so I don't know if any camber adjustment was made. Most of you probably know if that is something usually done. I have not clue.

just purchased some NT03+M 18" x 7.5" +42 offset Hyper Black Enkei wheels.

I am looking for advice on a all season performance tire I have been reading up on Nitto, Toyo, Kumo, Falken etc but wanted the best tire for my dollar. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

I also had a question about tire size. Has anyone with a similar setup has success with going 225/40/18 tires without rubbing with a 1.4 drop or should I stay in 215/40/18?

I also am trying to get a mental picture of what this will look like since I rarely see any Galaxy Grey in color.

Scott

Here is a link to the wheel

http://www.tirerack.com/upgrade_gara...sh=Hyper+Black
We recommend you bring your vehicle to RPM. We sell all 4 Nitto, Toyo, Kumo, Falken plus every other major brand of performance tires and I'm 110% sure we can accommodate you. While here we can look at your suspension setup and determine if the tire size you are considering will work properly also. Here is a direct link to our rim service http://www.rimsperformancemobileelec...rvices/wheels/

Old 01-05-2009, 02:40 PM
Dickbutt #peentip

Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin

I'd suggest the Falken Ziex 912. They're decently priced, have great wet/dry traction- and make for a fine auto x/ DD tire.
Old 01-05-2009, 02:44 PM
Registered Member

96ek_hx 96ek_hx 96ek_hx 96ek_hx 96ek_hx 96ek_hx 96ek_hx 96ek_hx 96ek_hx 96ek_hx 96ek_hx

Originally Posted by TINTASSASSIN
We recommend you bring your vehicle to RPM. We sell all 4 Nitto, Toyo, Kumo, Falken plus every other major brand of performance tires and I'm 110% sure we can accommodate you. While here we can look at your suspension setup and determine if the tire size you are considering will work properly also. Here is a direct link to our rim service http://www.rimsperformancemobileelec...rvices/wheels/

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s...MPROSCOM-1.jpg

ahhhh you've gotta love the shameless advertising...
Old 01-05-2009, 02:54 PM
1-877-TURBOKT

AdrenalineAuto has much to be proud ofAdrenalineAuto has much to be proud ofAdrenalineAuto has much to be proud ofAdrenalineAuto has much to be proud ofAdrenalineAuto has much to be proud ofAdrenalineAuto has much to be proud ofAdrenalineAuto has much to be proud ofAdrenalineAuto has much to be proud ofAdrenalineAuto has much to be proud ofAdrenalineAuto has much to be proud ofAdrenalineAuto has much to be proud of

Hey Scott, spoke with you earlier today... I like the wheels Let me know when me know when you get them
Old 01-06-2009, 04:38 AM
Forcibly Repped

Niburu Niburu Niburu Niburu Niburu Niburu Niburu Niburu Niburu Niburu Niburu

Mindphreak take a look at the tire pricing here www.edgeracing.com
They you usually have some competitiive pricing, so now you have something to compare.
Just factor in the mounting, balancing, and shipping costs plus the overall hassle factor to see whats the best deal for you.

Nice wheel choice BTW
Old 01-06-2009, 06:14 AM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by AdrenalineAuto
Hey Scott, spoke with you earlier today... I like the wheels Let me know when me know when you get them
Hey Phil! UPS tracking says they are out for delivery so hopefully today. I will let you know something when I go home for lunch.
Old 01-06-2009, 06:28 AM
Registered Member

Thanks for all the feedback guys. I appreciate it. My expertise is in IT/Telecommunications but I am gradually learning performance cars. I didn't realize how addictive this was going to be in July when I bought my SI.

Scott
Old 01-06-2009, 07:04 AM
DURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok

Falken Azenis or Hankook Ventus RS-2s if you really want a performance tire.

As for rubbing, simple math should give you a pretty good idea on whether or not you'll rub. What is the width of the stock wheels?

As for camber adjustment, I doubt it was done. Did whoever put the springs on align it? If so, check the sheet. If not, it wasn't adjusted (I hope.)

I'd say with just lowering springs, you're probably fine.
Old 01-06-2009, 07:08 AM
Hello

Priestiality Priestiality Priestiality Priestiality Priestiality Priestiality Priestiality Priestiality Priestiality Priestiality Priestiality

Once i blew through the all seasons on my car i started looking around for a budget tire for my 18x8s and came across the Riken Raptor (we run 245/45/18 stock). There have been pretty decent reviews of this $80 tire across the webernets and if RMR hadn't been selling the Potenza RE01Rs for $125 a piece I probably would have a set right now.

Quick Reply: Wheel Tire Question