Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Wheel spacers

Old 08-02-2005, 10:01 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Del La Sol 1320 has disabled reputation
Default Wheel spacers

I've got a base model crown vic, bought a set of Crown Vic LX Sport model wheels and tires, took them to a shop to have them put on and they said there is no way they will go on, I had just assumed wheels between the different crown victoria models were interchangable. Went on crownvic.net and a couple guys said the wheel swap had been done but because of the different offsets it would require spacers, I'd never looked for wheel spacers before, but the ones they pointed me to were about $400 for a set of four, I don't know if thats a normal price but basically I really don't want to put another $400 into this wheel/tire package to get it to fit, any other options or do you guys know of any good place to get some spacers for cheaper. Also some on there cautioned that while they would fit with spacers, this would put added stress on the hubs and wheel bearings, is there truth to this, and if so how concerned should i be?
Old 08-02-2005, 10:50 AM
superuser

Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd
Lightbulb Re: Wheel spacers

Depends on how far out you need to send the wheels. Any amount will put more stress on the assembly. Can also use longer bolts to ensure a safe fit with the lug nuts or use spacers that have new bolts on them if you're going extreme.

Went with Steve from RPM to a small corner shop out by Richmond Dragway that had wheel spacers in stock. Wish I could remember the name to pass along. The bling-bling shops on West Broad should have them as well.
Old 08-02-2005, 11:05 AM
superuser

Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd
Default Re: Wheel spacers

Just did a quick search based on your tires. They require a 1/4" spacer. No need for longer bolts. Spacers of this size are pretty cheap. For safety, make sure you have about 5 or 6 threads available for the lug nuts.
Old 08-02-2005, 03:07 PM
HIGH FIVE!

upSLIDEdown upSLIDEdown upSLIDEdown upSLIDEdown upSLIDEdown upSLIDEdown upSLIDEdown upSLIDEdown upSLIDEdown upSLIDEdown upSLIDEdown

Originally Posted by Not Stock
Just did a quick search based on your tires. They require a 1/4" spacer. No need for longer bolts. Spacers of this size are pretty cheap. For safety, make sure you have about 5 or 6 threads available for the lug nuts.
The regular 1/4" spacers are dirt cheap. Personally I would spend a little extra and get something hubcentric, just so it'll be better balanced... Wheeladapter.com I think it is will make em but they're custom. Only for 1 lug pattern, wheelcentric and hubcentric for $65 a piece.

Bryan
Old 08-02-2005, 03:08 PM
Registered Member

ClassicJDMCars has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by upSLIDEdown
The regular 1/4" spacers are dirt cheap. Personally I would spend a little extra and get something hubcentric, just so it'll be better balanced... Wheeladapter.com I think it is will make em but they're custom. Only for 1 lug pattern, wheelcentric and hubcentric for $65 a piece.

Bryan
Hubcentric is the most worthless thing in the world. Don't waste your money.
Old 08-02-2005, 04:14 PM
Registered Member

FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam

Performance Autosport has wheel spacers for your P73...holla.
Old 08-02-2005, 06:39 PM
HIGH FIVE!

upSLIDEdown upSLIDEdown upSLIDEdown upSLIDEdown upSLIDEdown upSLIDEdown upSLIDEdown upSLIDEdown upSLIDEdown upSLIDEdown upSLIDEdown

Originally Posted by Chris4130
Hubcentric is the most worthless thing in the world. Don't waste your money.
We've had this discussion...
Old 08-02-2005, 06:49 PM
Slow as Shit

Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow

I am not a fan of putting spacers on drive axles.
Old 08-02-2005, 07:05 PM
Registered Member

ClassicJDMCars has disabled reputation

Nothing unsafe about spacers on drive or non-drive wheels. If used correctly. Hubcentric is just freakin pointless.
Old 08-03-2005, 05:22 AM
Patron

Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune

Originally Posted by Chris4130
Nothing unsafe about spacers on drive or non-drive wheels. If used correctly. Hubcentric is just freakin pointless.
care to explain...some of us are ignorant including myself. Why is it pointless?

Quick Reply: Wheel spacers