Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

What neighborhood in Richmond? Anyone w/a room for rent? Motorcycles popular?

Old 03-15-2010, 10:57 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Coldaccord has disabled reputation
Default What neighborhood in Richmond? Anyone w/a room for rent? Motorcycles popular?

I'm looking to relocate from Norfolk. I've been down here 5 months and don't really like it. Seems there's not much to do down here. While I'd imagine the beach will be nice, and I love girls in bikinis, it just doesn't seem like there's much to do down here. Bars are dead, not many people on bicycles, skateboarding scene sucks unless you skate park, which isn't my preference.

Had a great time in richmond when I came up for the handmade bicycle show. went to the cog party, the video premier, couple house parties, the bike show, seems there was a blues fest in town (didnt get to check it out) etc.

What neighborhoods should I be looking in? Not looking to pay a ton of money, but don't want to live in a flophouse either. I like dense urban areas, where I don't have to drive to go everywhere. Plus those neighborhoods usually foster a good environment for skateboarding and cycling.

Also, what is the market like up there for motorcycles? I own a business dealing with newer model sportbikes. They sell pretty quickly down here in virginia beach, not really to military people yet but I'm sure that will be a good clientele.

What is the motorcycle market like in richmond?
Old 03-15-2010, 11:41 AM
apex-digital.net

slowr6 slowr6 slowr6 slowr6 slowr6 slowr6 slowr6 slowr6 slowr6 slowr6 slowr6
Default Re: What neighborhood in Richmond? Anyone w/a room for rent? Motorcycles popular?

I would try mosby court.
Old 03-15-2010, 11:50 AM
Registered Member

bbsIx bbsIx bbsIx bbsIx
Default Re: What neighborhood in Richmond? Anyone w/a room for rent? Motorcycles popular?

church hill
Old 03-15-2010, 11:59 AM
Slow as Shit

Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow

There is a ton of places here in the Richmond area. You have decent neighborhoods in the west end and in the far west end, southside, chesterfield and in mechanicsville areas.

As for the motorcycle scene, I really can't say. I am not a ride to and hangout guy. I rather be riding instead of parked and bsing. There are some. I know Every Thursday some meet at Lonestar and every Wednesday there is a meet/ride at Ultimate Cycle. I believe there is another meetup as well. What kind of products do you offer?
Old 03-16-2010, 01:10 PM
Ich liebe Bier

BuiltforSin BuiltforSin BuiltforSin BuiltforSin BuiltforSin BuiltforSin BuiltforSin BuiltforSin BuiltforSin BuiltforSin BuiltforSin

Wickham Court is a great area. Richmond is boring, and there are a lot of squids.
Old 03-16-2010, 01:29 PM
Registered Member

i find norfolk pretty boring, seemed more to do in richmond I guess. squids are fine by me, they dump their bikes more often.

My business currently is just selling bikes (currently have an 08 zx6r and 06 gixxer 750, will be ready in a week and a half). also have a 4 door e30 we're about to put an s50 into, should be done within a week or so.

once we find a new warehouse (don't want to fill our current one and then move) we plan to have a salvage yard type business of newer model sportbikes. just buy them at auction and part them out.
Old 03-16-2010, 01:43 PM
MAGICAL FRIENDSHIP

streetlamp streetlamp streetlamp streetlamp streetlamp streetlamp streetlamp streetlamp streetlamp streetlamp streetlamp

You like the RVA bike scene? Oregon Hill.

I live on Cary St right on the outskirts of the Fan and I enjoy it. I ride my bike everywhere, many good bars within walking distance and theres always stuff going on. My realtor has a lot of nice contemporary places for sale in the area if you want to PM me for his info.
Old 03-16-2010, 02:29 PM
Registered Member

can't buy for 2 years, since my business was only established 4 months ago. Creditors don't count it as reliable income for 2 years. I will be able to get a commercial loan (25% down) however that will likely be a year away at minimum, since all my money is tied up in the business currently
Old 03-16-2010, 03:29 PM
Registered Member

drkstrs26 drkstrs26

I love the oregon hill area. so nice. people are chill as shit and everything is super close. its always one of my hang areas when i roll up there. would love to make that area my residence if i could