Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Wanted to borrow: Air nailer

Old 09-17-2005, 07:53 PM
superuser

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd
Default Wanted to borrow: Air nailer

Would like to borrow an air nailer that can handle clipped head nails (not just finishing nails) to build a fence with about 520 pickets. My brother's is up in NY and can't get it to me before October 1st. Lemmie know. Thanks!
Old 09-17-2005, 10:42 PM
Registered Member

mAydAy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Wanted to borrow: Air nailer

Hrm wish I could help. Don't have any big ones anymore, never need more than my Paslode 16ga nailer. Maybe rent one? *shrug*

-Andy
Old 09-18-2005, 12:27 AM
superuser

Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd
Default Re: Wanted to borrow: Air nailer

Just needs to pound through 3/4" pressure treated pickets into a pressure treated 2"x4". Nothing fancy. Since the clipped head nails would grip much better than finishing nails, would prefer to use them. Nails are very dependant upon the type/brand/size/capability of the air nailer, so holding off on purchasing the nails until finding out which hardware is available.

Since it's likely a one-time use thing, not worthwhile purchasing. Rentals seem to be at 30% of cost. For that rate, could buy then resell. Figure I'd ask around to see if anyone has one in their garage. My air tools are pretty much all good ratchets with some assorted Harbor Freight disposables.