Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

vmp tonight

Old 11-04-2005, 11:50 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
slvrgtstang has disabled reputation
Default vmp tonight

Anyone going to VMP tonight? just wondering
Old 11-04-2005, 12:38 PM
Damn street racers

trbowrx has disabled reputation
Default Re: vmp tonight

i will be there not running but i will be there!
Old 11-04-2005, 08:33 PM
Registered Member

OK VMP sucked tonight so bad. I won't go any further then that.
Old 11-04-2005, 08:41 PM
Registered Member

LowTech1 has a spectacular aura aboutLowTech1 has a spectacular aura about

Do tell.
Old 11-04-2005, 08:47 PM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by SlowBlueFormy
Do tell.
hahahhaa you know the S/T class that they run for some stupid reason? well it took them about a hour and 45 min to 2 hours to finally run the Test and Tune people..... And then they went back to the S/T class and some crap happened. then some standing around and nothing happened on the part of the people running VMP.... they don't know how to do shit there... its almost as if they are doing the work for free. They kept running the S/T cars and they paid the same amount as the TT people so I don't get why they let them run so many times. then they let the bikes run about 3 or 4 times and finally came back to the test and tune one more time, then at 10:30 (they close at 11 if you didn't already know) they said they were going to run the S/T people one last time and finish that up, then run the bikes and then run the test and tune. Mind you at about 10:15 a car caught on fire, a red trans am, and the right lane was out of commission for the rest of the night, soooo you can see where that went. I left after 10:30 I was sick of sitting around and waiting for them to get organized. From now on I don't care if the track conditions at richmond aren't quite as great or its not as smooth, i'm not going to VMP for a really really long time. Its no wonder people street race after attending the events tonight. Kinda ruines the experience for going to the track. ok i'm finished
Old 11-04-2005, 08:49 PM
Registered Member

LowTech1 has a spectacular aura aboutLowTech1 has a spectacular aura about

S/T? Is that the bracket stuff?

If so, then you may as well run it. Even if you dont expect to advance. Then when you wash out, you go to the T&T lanes.

I've never left VMP with less than 5 slips. Of course, a car never caught fire while I was there either.
Old 11-04-2005, 08:52 PM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by SlowBlueFormy
S/T? Is that the bracket stuff?

If so, then you may as well run it. Even if you dont expect to advance. Then when you wash out, you go to the T&T lanes.

I've never left VMP with less than 5 slips. Of course, a car never caught fire while I was there either.
I didn't know, someone told me that when the s/t or bracket is done they can't go to the test and tune line, like their night is over. If i had known then i woulda run it. OH well bad communication on the part of other people and me not asking questions. I just wish they would have people just race and race and race all night until 11 or whatever time like richmond does. Thats the point of going and no one cares about the brackets (for the most part) or the stupid slollum(can't spell) and all the other "trying to make it more fun." Does anyone ever go to any track to do anything but race?
Old 11-05-2005, 01:46 AM
Slow as Shit

Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow

Originally Posted by slvrgtstang
OK VMP sucked tonight so bad. I won't go any further then that.
Ok and this has been said, but people still won't get the clue.

You do know that the S/T guys get priority over T&T right? It is street wars night, not T&T(Thursdays if i recall), which they try and run along as well. The best way to do it, is to run Street Wars. You will get atleast 5-7 runs in that night depending how far you advance. Once you are done, then jump into the T&T.

However, Nic, myself and many others have expressed how bad they run that track, but people keep going back and then bitching.
Old 11-05-2005, 03:52 AM
Registered Member

mAydAy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Woodrow
However, Nic, myself and many others have expressed how bad they run that track, but people keep going back and then bitching.
I think you hit that one on the head right there. Damn near the best facilities on the East Coast, I just wish it was run as well as Richmond.
Old 11-05-2005, 04:17 AM
OM NOM NOM E30

JETSWU87 JETSWU87 JETSWU87 JETSWU87 JETSWU87 JETSWU87 JETSWU87 JETSWU87 JETSWU87 JETSWU87 JETSWU87

Originally Posted by Woodrow
Ok and this has been said, but people still won't get the clue.

You do know that the S/T guys get priority over T&T right? It is street wars night, not T&T(Thursdays if i recall), which they try and run along as well. The best way to do it, is to run Street Wars. You will get atleast 5-7 runs in that night depending how far you advance. Once you are done, then jump into the T&T.

+1

i got 3 runs in before the event even started, had 4 runs by 8pm.

thats your fault if you didnt get to run many times.

Quick Reply: vmp tonight