Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

VMP to go to NHRA in 06

Old 07-30-2005, 11:56 PM
❒Good ❒ Better ✔Best

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud of
Default Re: VMP to go to NHRA in 06

what does it mean? can it not be both? i don't understand how it influences the way the track is run, other than different events maybe? anyone want to enlighten me on how that stuff works?
Old 07-31-2005, 07:03 AM
Slow as Shit

Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow

I really don't think it can be both(different set of rules as well), not to mention sponsors, etc. When the NHRA comes to town, its a big event, and you bet that track is prepped! After all John force and the gang are running for millions! Let them all bitch how the track sucks and let it get out it sucks all the time. NHRA could pull out and VMP loses that money they earned and potential earnings as many people will want to run on a NHRA track with their own cars thinking its a good track. Good publicity yields income. They fuck it up, they lose the income.

Back in 2002 Nic, myself, his dad and alot of people ran at that track often, every friday(when I was off shift, I know nic and Freddy lived there) along with the old Tri Cities Mustang gang.It was a different gang back them running it too.
Old 07-31-2005, 08:11 AM
Nic
Patron

Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic

IHRA events are more fun. Nothing the NHRA has can compare to pro mod, and those are quite possibly the coolest cars in the world. Both have 4 second dragsters, big deal. In addition, the NHRA tends to be more stringent on safety rules, which can be viewed as either positive or negative. Personally, it costs me more money so I'm not too thrilled. It's basically the same cast of characters that's been running VMP for about 4 - 5 years now. My beef with them is that everyone there seems to hate their job. They act like you're wasting their time for being out there. Back when I used to run in the points classes, they would kiss the points racers asses and then act like complete dicks to everyone else. It's still pretty much the same way around there. I hate that place. I'd rather go to Richmond. The track is a little quicker, it doesn't get shut down for 30 minutes every 10 minutes when someone breaks, and you don't have to deal with all the pricks in uniform.
Old 07-31-2005, 09:33 AM
speed racer

DLB1994 is infamous around these partsDLB1994 is infamous around these partsDLB1994 is infamous around these partsDLB1994 is infamous around these partsDLB1994 is infamous around these partsDLB1994 is infamous around these partsDLB1994 is infamous around these partsDLB1994 is infamous around these partsDLB1994 is infamous around these partsDLB1994 is infamous around these partsDLB1994 is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by Nic
IHRA events are more fun. Nothing the NHRA has can compare to pro mod, and those are quite possibly the coolest cars in the world. Both have 4 second dragsters, big deal. In addition, the NHRA tends to be more stringent on safety rules, which can be viewed as either positive or negative. Personally, it costs me more money so I'm not too thrilled. It's basically the same cast of characters that's been running VMP for about 4 - 5 years now. My beef with them is that everyone there seems to hate their job. They act like you're wasting their time for being out there. Back when I used to run in the points classes, they would kiss the points racers asses and then act like complete dicks to everyone else. It's still pretty much the same way around there. I hate that place. I'd rather go to Richmond. The track is a little quicker, it doesn't get shut down for 30 minutes every 10 minutes when someone breaks, and you don't have to deal with all the pricks in uniform.

I hate richmond ill go to vmp any day before i hit richmond , richmond is made for low hp street cars thats all i can never hook up there in the race car ,bikes or street cars

Vmp is a very good track and has the best setup around , and im saying this because i have race on most the tracks around ,from The ROCK all the way up to E-town no vmp is not the fastest track the fastest track out here is The rock any one that race know that the next is mir, Back in the day when i drove cars that ran 14's richmond use to a faster track for me but now when i hit richmond its scary after u go thru the traps trying to stop the car or bike u dont have alot of space

and with my vega i cant even run 1/4 at richmond any how only 1/8 when u going that fast

but if u ever do see me there in the steet car or bike its because its close by and im testing
Old 07-31-2005, 09:39 AM
speed racer

DLB1994 is infamous around these partsDLB1994 is infamous around these partsDLB1994 is infamous around these partsDLB1994 is infamous around these partsDLB1994 is infamous around these partsDLB1994 is infamous around these partsDLB1994 is infamous around these partsDLB1994 is infamous around these partsDLB1994 is infamous around these partsDLB1994 is infamous around these partsDLB1994 is infamous around these parts

And yes there going back NHRA , its a bad thing for people like me to many rules and back to the 11.99 rule for cage

but it going to bring alot of money back to the track and people so the track will be keep better prep not like it wont before
Old 07-31-2005, 11:41 AM
Nic
Patron

Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic

I don't think the track will be prepped any better. Remember, it sucked when the track was NHRA a few years ago, it sucked when they switched to IHRA, and I think it'll continue to suck in the future. VMP's by far the nicer track between the two, but the staffing/management isn't worth two shits. What this really boils down to is that not much will change besides a few stricter safety rules being enforced while we'll be losing the cooler of the two major racing series.
Old 07-31-2005, 12:05 PM
DURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok

Originally Posted by DLB1994
I hate richmond ill go to vmp any day before i hit richmond , richmond is made for low hp street cars thats all i can never hook up there in the race car ,bikes or street cars

Vmp is a very good track and has the best setup around , and im saying this because i have race on most the tracks around ,from The ROCK all the way up to E-town no vmp is not the fastest track the fastest track out here is The rock any one that race know that the next is mir, Back in the day when i drove cars that ran 14's richmond use to a faster track for me but now when i hit richmond its scary after u go thru the traps trying to stop the car or bike u dont have alot of space

and with my vega i cant even run 1/4 at richmond any how only 1/8 when u going that fast

but if u ever do see me there in the steet car or bike its because its close by and im testing
holy shit, can i get a translation?
Old 07-31-2005, 03:04 PM
Slow as Shit

Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow

This will be interesting to see though. I do agree with Nic, that the staff sucks. hell when I raced at cecil in Northern Maryland, they had twice the cars and it ran smoother.
Old 07-31-2005, 09:36 PM
Banned

LOCO is an unknown quantity at this point

i hate the people at vmp, one day im gonna get thrown out that track for hitting someone.

I think richmond hooks better, but the track sux, its like racing down broad street lol
Old 07-31-2005, 10:16 PM
Body In Trunk.

RCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LOCO
i hate the people at vmp, one day im gonna get thrown out that track for hitting someone.

I think richmond hooks better, but the track sux, its like racing down broad street lol
Hey man racing down broad street seem to be the in thing around these parts. No pesky tech inspections or safety precautions.

Quick Reply: VMP to go to NHRA in 06