Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Ultimate Motorsports in Dulles

Old 07-07-2005, 01:08 PM
TPJ
sumospeedDOTcom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the rough
Default Ultimate Motorsports in Dulles

I wasn't planning on posting anything about this incident. I had full intention on just letting it go, and not returning to the shop, however, I took the time to type this in a PM to Jason300ZXtt, so I figured I may as well share my experience with the rest of you. Don't get me wrong, Jason Hunt and Brian at Ultimate are both great guys, and I appreciate them staying 4 hours after hours to finish my car, HOWEVER, they truely need to work on the 'business' portion of their work.

"Supposedly the car got up there, got into the shop, and then wouldn't start. THey searched around, determined it was the rotor button. OK, so they replaced it. 10 minutes later, the car wouldn't start again. This time they said it was the bearing in the distributor. So they replaced them. Then the whole distributor supposedly went bad. This is where I finally got some say in it. I told them to put something used on, which they said they had around the shop and would do for like 75-80 bucks, because I could get a brand new distributor for 239 with lifetime warranty from my local shop down here. They suddenly "misplaced" the used distributor they had, and decided to order a full rebuild kit from Honda, which costed a total of almost 550, plus installation. Of course, I was unaware they were doing this. They had mentioned it to me on the phone earlier in the day, however, I had told them I did not want to go with that option. Anyways, in the mean time, they finally started tuning the car, at around 6:30-7:00 PM that night. They got the car to 5 lbs., and then said they were having fuel issues. They then charged me another 80 dollars to undo two clamps and remove the inline fuel pump that was under the hood, only to replace it with a broken fuel line, which busted on me the next day and wasted an entire tank of gas, and thankfully didn't do anything else. Well when they said they couldn't get the car to go over 5 lbs, I told them just to leave the car there, and I would come up there the next day and we could go from there, because it was near 9PM and my father had been up there since 4AM and no1 had offered to get him anything to eat or drink. They offered to take him to get a rental car so he could get home, and I thought that was that. It wasn't until later that night, around 10:30-11:00 PM that my father called and said he was in Fredricksburg and that the car was tuned at 10psi. I said cool, and asked him how much it was. He told me the price, and I about shit my pants. Trust me, when the car goes to get retuned, it will be with a new p28 with Hondata. I won't take the car back there. No matter how well they tuned the car (which isn't impressive, it still feels WAY too rich), it isn't worth the extra 400 they charged me out of nowhere. If you talk to them anytime, tell them I'm VERY displeased with the customer service at their shop, and they are lucky I didn't drive up there the next day to get my money back."
Old 07-07-2005, 01:43 PM
Slow as Shit

Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow
Default Re: Ultimate Motorsports in Dulles

Let me guess you put this in every forum huh, being this is central va
Old 07-07-2005, 03:20 PM
speed racer

DLB1994 is infamous around these partsDLB1994 is infamous around these partsDLB1994 is infamous around these partsDLB1994 is infamous around these partsDLB1994 is infamous around these partsDLB1994 is infamous around these partsDLB1994 is infamous around these partsDLB1994 is infamous around these partsDLB1994 is infamous around these partsDLB1994 is infamous around these partsDLB1994 is infamous around these parts

sorry to hear about that , but jason and brian are good guys i see the prices are crazy but i thought it would be since who they are, but there alot of other shops , when u looking to get hondata u can pm me if u want for tuning hondata to

but my shop is in central (richmond)
Old 07-07-2005, 03:50 PM
Kicking Ass

Brian T Brian T Brian T Brian T Brian T Brian T

Originally Posted by Woodrow
Let me guess you put this in every forum huh, being this is central va
Ha, that's exactly what cross my mind reading this.
Old 07-07-2005, 05:48 PM
TPJ
sumospeedDOTcom

TPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the rough

Sorry about that, I was in a hurry posting this and meant to put it in the NOVA section. And from everything I've heard from people who visited the shop, and know the guys personally, Jason and Brian truely took advantage of the fact that my father was there and not me personally.
Old 07-09-2005, 09:25 AM
It has 4 Doors...

Whtehnda93DXSdn is an unknown quantity at this point

How did your dad end up in Fredericksburg? That's the one thing I was wondering....
Old 07-09-2005, 09:28 AM
TPJ
sumospeedDOTcom

Originally Posted by Whtehnda93DXSdn
How did your dad end up in Fredericksburg? That's the one thing I was wondering....
He stopped to get gas on the way back. He didn't call until then because his phone was dead and he had to bring the phone and his charger into the gas station and plug it in so he would be able to use it.
Old 07-09-2005, 10:15 AM
Slow as Shit

Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow

Originally Posted by TPJ
Sorry about that, I was in a hurry posting this and meant to put it in the NOVA section. And from everything I've heard from people who visited the shop, and know the guys personally, Jason and Brian truely took advantage of the fact that my father was there and not me personally.
That shows you the integrity of them then.
Old 04-03-2007, 02:31 PM
TPJ
sumospeedDOTcom

Whoops hit the wrong thread.

Last edited by TPJ; 04-03-2007 at 02:38 PM.
Old 04-03-2007, 02:43 PM
Nic
Patron

Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic

Closing because cross posting isn't allowed. Next time, ask a mod to move the thread if you put it in the wrong section.