Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Trust worthy mechanics in Charlottesville?

Old 08-22-2005, 06:09 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MaxPower MaxPower MaxPower MaxPower MaxPower
Default Trust worthy mechanics in Charlottesville?

Im just wondering if anybody knows any, Im having a brake problem I cant seem to fix and have never really had good experiences with shops.

If anyone knows were Rick's shop is at that would be best since he helped me before and did a good job for a good price. I know his shop is in some were near gordonsville but I don’t know were.
Old 08-22-2005, 10:42 AM
Registered Member

cardana24 cardana24 cardana24 cardana24 cardana24 cardana24 cardana24 cardana24 cardana24 cardana24 cardana24
Default Re: Trust worthy mechanics in Charlottesville?

he is down 33 just before the train bridge (overpass), my friend had a motor put in his contour by Ricky
Old 08-22-2005, 11:43 AM
Registered Member

slivic is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by cardana24
he is down 33 just before the train bridge (overpass), my friend had a motor put in his contour by Ricky
It is on the right of 33 just after the turn for 20N. He is extremely busy right now, I am there a few days a week working on my 240. He does great work though. His # is 540 832 9800
Old 08-22-2005, 02:57 PM
speed racer

DLB1994 is infamous around these partsDLB1994 is infamous around these partsDLB1994 is infamous around these partsDLB1994 is infamous around these partsDLB1994 is infamous around these partsDLB1994 is infamous around these partsDLB1994 is infamous around these partsDLB1994 is infamous around these partsDLB1994 is infamous around these partsDLB1994 is infamous around these partsDLB1994 is infamous around these parts

whats wrong with the brakes?
Old 08-23-2005, 01:22 AM
Registered Member

Thanks for the replies.

Originally Posted by DLB1994
whats wrong with the brakes?
I just put some Integra front brakes on and tried it with my stock MC and BB but that didnt work, so I got a 91 ex 4dr MC(15/16) and put that on and still there is no brake pressure. Then I bought a new BB and same problem with just a little pressure at the end.

All I can tell is that when the car is off and I pump the brakes I can hear the air comeing out of my intake. With the car on and pumping the revs go up a little furthermore confirming that air is being pushed into my IM. Also I can see there is a slight leak at the bottom of my BB. I know there is no air in the lines because I have a power bleeder that pushes all the air out.

I'm just sick of spending money with bad results.
Old 08-23-2005, 07:19 AM
Registered Member

cardana24 cardana24 cardana24 cardana24 cardana24 cardana24 cardana24 cardana24 cardana24 cardana24 cardana24

I had a similar problem, though I do not have a honda. My brake booster hose was cracked...I replaced that and the hissing was gone and the pressure returned to the peddle. Also make sure (I am guessing honda has one too) you check valve that is in the brake booster line is working.

Originally Posted by eghatchb18
Thanks for the replies.

I just put some Integra front brakes on and tried it with my stock MC and BB but that didnt work, so I got a 91 ex 4dr MC(15/16) and put that on and still there is no brake pressure. Then I bought a new BB and same problem with just a little pressure at the end.

All I can tell is that when the car is off and I pump the brakes I can hear the air comeing out of my intake. With the car on and pumping the revs go up a little furthermore confirming that air is being pushed into my IM. Also I can see there is a slight leak at the bottom of my BB. I know there is no air in the lines because I have a power bleeder that pushes all the air out.

I'm just sick of spending money with bad results.
Old 08-25-2005, 12:46 PM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by cardana24
I had a similar problem, though I do not have a honda. My brake booster hose was cracked...I replaced that and the hissing was gone and the pressure returned to the peddle. Also make sure (I am guessing honda has one too) you check valve that is in the brake booster line is working.
No its not that, I dont thing a check valve is that imortant on a honda anyway but I tried it.

I talked to Rick so he will be looking at it on Tues.