Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Ticket Question : Reckless Driving - 59/25 Stafford County

Old 11-06-2005, 01:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
240pickup has disabled reputation
Default Ticket Question : Reckless Driving - 59/25 Stafford County

Hey everyone, i'm not new to the forums, but i've finnaly decided i need some help, I live in fairfax and was down in stafford having a family dinner with alot of family i havent seen in a while. One of my cousins has an 06 sti that i just needed to drive...so we went out of the area and kept driving down neighborhoods until we got to an undeveloped area, dead end and just flat dark streets. I launched the car, and in about 10 seconds later, hit 80, and started slowing down hard, because i really didnt expect it to happen that fast...

While i was slowing down, a car was approaching, and it was a stafford county cop, he quickly u-turned behind us and flashed me down, i pulled over, he came up, excited as hell "hey son know why i pulled you over?", "yes sir, i was going pretty fast, this isnt my car and i'm not so good with these, but it really took off", him - "thats not the problem, you were speeding, i clocked you going 59 over that hill, know that the speedlimit is 25?" me - "i didnt know sir i just realized how fast i was going and started braking hard, i had no idea it would speed like that" him - "license, registration".

Me being in my cousins car, i looked to him and he handed me the stuff, then i gave it to the cop, he came back with a summons for dec15th, reckless driving, 59/25...

i have had one speeding ticket before, which was just a regular one on 66, just was the lucky one to get pulled over out of all the others..i payed that, went to take the class since i was under 19. I got my license march of this year also.

Any ideas of what i should expect? i know how it is in fairfax, just wondering what i could face.. fines/jailtime/suspension im sure of...
Old 11-06-2005, 01:39 PM
Eat me.

Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta
Default Re: Ticket Question : Reckless Driving - 59/25 Stafford County

Death Penalty
Old 11-06-2005, 01:48 PM
B18C1

mischiefse7en has disabled reputation

Probably have a suspended/restricted license and possibly a fine, thats how mine was...
Old 11-06-2005, 01:58 PM
EMF Member #12

brnzbuddha has a reputation beyond reputebrnzbuddha has a reputation beyond reputebrnzbuddha has a reputation beyond reputebrnzbuddha has a reputation beyond reputebrnzbuddha has a reputation beyond reputebrnzbuddha has a reputation beyond reputebrnzbuddha has a reputation beyond reputebrnzbuddha has a reputation beyond reputebrnzbuddha has a reputation beyond reputebrnzbuddha has a reputation beyond repute

Thats pretty serious. I would get a lawyer and ask them about it. But wreckless in a 25 zone probably means suspended license. The lawyer will probably plead for a restricted license if you are a student/work full time. You could also be asked to spend weekends in jail or perform community service. Depends on how the judge is feeling and/or how good your lawyer is.
Old 11-06-2005, 02:32 PM
Body In Trunk.

RCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond repute

you definately need an attorney for that. i doubt youd see any jail time or loose your license but you need to get an attorney if you want to get it reduced. If you dont know one i know a good one but its good to use one thats local to the area youwere stopped in that way they will know all the people at the courthouse and what they can pull outta there ass to get you off. ive been cought dooin alo worse then that and walked away with speeding, "faulty brakes" and driving school for another. its all about spending a few extra bucks on an attorney.
Old 11-06-2005, 06:07 PM

240pickup has disabled reputation

ive tried to read as much as possible, to see what the deal might be, but its really confusing when one person says they had their car impounded and suspended for 6 months, 1000 in fines, 5 days in jail... and another person says they only paid 100 or just a small fine, had the ticket reduced to just a speeding, and all either with an attorney or without, its confusing!!! and i also was wondering about out of state tickets, i was on a trip to texas from va, and i was in va when i got my first speeding ever, and then i got my second, the second day when we finnaly got to texas, they were both payed by my girlfriends dad, and that was the end of it, until i got that notice to take that class which i did, so im just wondering how many points would that add to? from what ive read suspension only depends on the amount of points you have accumulated and so im not sure im just really worried and confused, im so sorry and upset, im scared that something bad my happen so please let me know. "im so emooo"
Old 11-06-2005, 06:12 PM
superuser

Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd

Two guys were picked up by the cops for smoking dope and appeared in court before the judge.

The judge said, "You seem like nice young men, and I'd like to give you a second chance rather than jail time. I want you to go out this weekend and try to show others the evils of drug use and pursuade them to give up drugs forever. I'll see you back in court Monday."

Monday, the two guys were in court, and the judge said to the first one, "How did you do over the weekend?"

"Well, your honor, I persuaded 17 people to give up drugs forever." "17 people? That's wonderful. What did you tell them?"

"I used a diagram, your honor. I drew two circles like this: O o
and told them this (the big circle) is your brain before drugs and this (small circle) is your brain after drugs."

"That's admirable," said the judge. "And you, how did you do?" (to the 2nd guy)

"Well, your honor, I persuaded 156 people to give up drugs forever."

"156 people! That's amazing! How did you manage to do that!"

"Well, I used the same two circles. I pointed to the small circle and told them, 'This is your asshole before prison...."
Old 11-06-2005, 06:15 PM
Eat me.

Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta

Originally Posted by AL-David
its all about spending a few extra bucks on an attorney.
or hiring a mob member to knock off the cop so when you show up to court, he's not there and you get away scotch free..

All depends on the morals you have, and which is cheaper.
Old 11-06-2005, 06:46 PM
superuser

Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd

Get a local lawyer and have someone else drive you to the courthouse.
Old 11-11-2005, 04:12 PM
Banned

skott is an unknown quantity at this point

driving school so it doesnt show on your DL record. and I personaly wouldnt worry about court. I was popped in Henrico yrs ago for 89/40.. Just got a hefty fine..
~skottie b..

Quick Reply: Ticket Question : Reckless Driving - 59/25 Stafford County