Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Swine Flu is here

Old 05-01-2009, 04:36 AM
Down to my Ball Fro!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TomRiddle is a jewel in the roughTomRiddle is a jewel in the roughTomRiddle is a jewel in the roughTomRiddle is a jewel in the rough
Default Swine Flu is here

http://www.nbc12.com/global/story.asp?s=10283318

RICHMOND, VA (WWBT) - The swine flu is now in Virginia. Health officials say there are two confirmed cases, one right here in central Virginia. The announcement came late Thursday evening from the Governor and top state health officials.

Governor Kaine and his staff seem to be taking a cautious, yet alert approach to the news of these two cases. They say both individuals have already recovered, but that they don't expect this to be the end of the reports of swine flu in Virginia.

As Governor Kaine made his way into the Patrick Henry building conference room for a hastily called press event, he did not seem surprised that Virginia is now among a small group of American states dealing with the spread of swine flu.

"Two confirmed cases of H1-N1 have now been identified in Virginia," said Kaine.

Two cases, from two different parts of the state. One in the eastern portion of the Virginia, the other from here in central Virginia. One man and one woman. Both had recently traveled to Mexico and both recovered without be hospitalized. State Health Commissioner Karen Remley said both patients handled their situations appropriately.

"These two individuals did a wonderful job of working with the health department and their providers to make sure they did the right thing to help protect themselves, their families and their communities," said Remley.

But that was as much as we would learn about the individuals who suffered the disease. Unlike in other states where specific counties and municipalities were identified, to help citizens be more aware of where the virus was located, Virginia's policy is to only provide the sprawling health district where the illness occurred. Officials said any additional information would only jeopardize the privacy of the patients. Meaning that at least from the state's perspective, the ultimate responsibility will be on the individual to stop the spread from becoming worse.

"Forewarned is forearmed and putting the word out to everyone, about this and the fact that there are confirmed cases and giving people a strong encouragement to do the things we were normally told to do during flu season, but don't always do. It is really important that we do to stop the spread of it," said Kaine.

To help the state will continue to staff the health department's hotline, which has already fielded 750 calls. The hotline, 1-877-ASK-VDH3. The lines are open from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.

Now as we mentioned one of the cases is a female in central Virginia, but that is a very wide area. The patient could be anywhere from here in the Richmond area all the way down to the North Carolina border.

I'm going into hiding!
Old 05-01-2009, 04:39 AM
VaDriven Mayhem

Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous
Default Re: Swine Flu is here

And?
Old 05-01-2009, 04:45 AM
Gaming Extraordinair

Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk

WHO CARES! the regular FLU kills over 36k people a year. swine flu has killed maybe 100 in 100 years. GTFO.
Old 05-01-2009, 04:45 AM
VaDriven Mayhem

Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous

STOP LICKING/KISSING SWINE
Old 05-01-2009, 04:48 AM
Down to my Ball Fro!

TomRiddle is a jewel in the roughTomRiddle is a jewel in the roughTomRiddle is a jewel in the roughTomRiddle is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Lord Humongous
STOP LICKING/KISSING SWINE
You weren't suppose to tell anybody!
Old 05-01-2009, 04:49 AM
VaDriven Mayhem

God I love bacon
Down to my Ball Fro!

Originally Posted by Daft Punk
WHO CARES! the regular FLU kills over 36k people a year. swine flu has killed maybe 100 in 100 years. GTFO.

This is just a Public Service Announcement; in other words if somebody coughs on you, off with the head!
1-877-TURBOKT

AdrenalineAuto has much to be proud ofAdrenalineAuto has much to be proud ofAdrenalineAuto has much to be proud ofAdrenalineAuto has much to be proud ofAdrenalineAuto has much to be proud ofAdrenalineAuto has much to be proud ofAdrenalineAuto has much to be proud ofAdrenalineAuto has much to be proud ofAdrenalineAuto has much to be proud ofAdrenalineAuto has much to be proud ofAdrenalineAuto has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by TomRiddle
You weren't suppose to tell anybody!
I knew it...
Old 05-01-2009, 04:51 AM
Down to my Ball Fro!

Originally Posted by AdrenalineAuto
I knew it...

Pip you know you brought it over here. I could have sworn I saw you playing with Babe on Wednesday night!

Last edited by TomRiddle; 05-01-2009 at 04:53 AM.
Old 05-01-2009, 05:01 AM
1-877-TURBOKT

AdrenalineAuto has much to be proud ofAdrenalineAuto has much to be proud ofAdrenalineAuto has much to be proud ofAdrenalineAuto has much to be proud ofAdrenalineAuto has much to be proud ofAdrenalineAuto has much to be proud ofAdrenalineAuto has much to be proud ofAdrenalineAuto has much to be proud ofAdrenalineAuto has much to be proud ofAdrenalineAuto has much to be proud ofAdrenalineAuto has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by TomRiddle
Pip you know you brought it over here. I could have sworn I saw you playing with Babe on Wednesday night!
Lol.... there was a lot of them there... but i dont think they were pigs. Umm. well i dunno if sluts are pigs then i guess your right