Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

So long 804

Old 07-26-2008, 05:46 AM
Man in the BOX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Alice_in_Chains is an unknown quantity at this point
Default So long 804

and pretty much so long to 276, 434, 540, 571, 703, and 757. It's been nice for the most part, other than the big "D" (ivorce) and layoffs. Time for a fresh start: the beach and mountains- been there done that.

Guess it's time to go- picking up a truck Monday and loading it through Tuesday, pulling out Wednesday while it's still dark.

Moving the fam back to STL Missouri, which is where I came from in 1995.

Been a pleasure dealing with most of the people on vadriven, been around since it was dragva and seen a lot of people come and go, but now is my time.

I'll probably still drop by from time to time once we get set up in the Midwest and back on our feet.

Later to my friends and the decent folk here on driven,

and much later to the cyber punks.

Also thanks and so long to the Mods (thanks for not banning me )

Dan.
Old 07-26-2008, 05:53 AM
Registered Member

FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam
Default Re: So long 804

I'm banning you on Wed.
Old 07-26-2008, 05:59 AM
Slow as Shit

Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow

Have a safe trip and good luck with everything.
Old 07-26-2008, 06:33 AM
TSSSSSSSSSSS

MSeunos MSeunos MSeunos MSeunos MSeunos MSeunos MSeunos MSeunos MSeunos MSeunos MSeunos

Originally Posted by FlimFlam
I'm banning you on Wed.
hahaa
Old 07-26-2008, 07:24 AM
Registered Member

ludachrisvt is infamous around these partsludachrisvt is infamous around these partsludachrisvt is infamous around these partsludachrisvt is infamous around these partsludachrisvt is infamous around these partsludachrisvt is infamous around these partsludachrisvt is infamous around these partsludachrisvt is infamous around these partsludachrisvt is infamous around these partsludachrisvt is infamous around these partsludachrisvt is infamous around these parts

god speed
Old 08-07-2008, 09:10 AM
Man in the BOX

So we planned on leaving on wed, didn't get the truck and house done till thurs night. Left on fri and drove straight through (minus a couple of stops for food and an hour nap) for 18 hours. Long assed ride, 24 mph up Sandstone Mountain is all I could get out of the truck. First tank in the mountains got me 240 miles (50 gals of diesel), 2nd tank got me 360, and third tank I lost count after 400 miles cause I was dead tired.

Unloaded the truck with the help of friends that still remember me in 5 hours. Living out of boxes, but more opened every day. Wife has a job offer, I have several prospects so it's moving along. Son is registered to attend the same high school that I attended so I know he will get a good education. For that matter he can hang out in the neighborhood and ride his bike, a first for him, without having to worry about the stray dogs and homeless people and violence. Pretty cool for a change. Shit, we went to McDonalds and both the lady on the speaker and at the windows said "thank you, have a nice day". I about crapped myself. No more getting the wrong food thrown at you with a grunt and the look of WTF do you want.

I'll still miss some of you, some of you I won't.

It's so nice to be back to a place that has real Hockey, and pro sports in general

Midwest checking out.
Old 08-07-2008, 09:56 AM

Turbosh!tbox has disabled reputation

Im glad it seems to be working out for you I wish you and your family the best.
Old 08-08-2008, 01:30 PM
Man in the BOX

So far so good. Wife has landed a job as Assistant Manager at a local bank, she starts Monday.

Putting together modular furniture without the manuals is fun, especially when there are 5 different pieces (pc desk, tv stand, file cabinet, and several others).

So far the house is great, 3 br, 2 bath, dining room, living room, kitchen, full finished basement (concrete floor and walls) with some outlets and a small game corner setup already for my Son. Should have foosball and wii / PS2 and cable TV by the end of the weekend.

Pics in the near future, just got the intranet this morning.