Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

so hot my driveway melted??

Old 06-22-2006, 01:33 PM
NEO VVL N1 BITCHES

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot
Default so hot my driveway melted??

i came home today and saw my truck and thought the tire was flat. so i go up and look at it and the friggin tire has sunken in almost to the wheel. was it really that hot today or did my asphalt just collapse? thats about 4in. deep.
anybody here recommend a certain product to repair this with??

Old 06-22-2006, 01:36 PM
Registered Member

FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam
Default Re: so hot my driveway melted??

Ain't that a bitch.

And yes, heat did that.
Old 06-22-2006, 01:36 PM
superuser

Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd

There is an asphalt patch that comes in a bag, ready to set but it'll make the driveway look like a pothole was fixed. No real way to fix it otherwise because the ground beneath has given way from the looks in that pic, rather than squirting out the side. My driveway has a bump and small divot from turning the wheel hard on a very hot day. The asphalt was soft and it may have rained the day before.
Old 06-22-2006, 01:40 PM
NEO VVL N1 BITCHES

JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot

this is in the aux. parking beside my garage. noone ever sees it i just park my old datsun 620 project there. so i dont really care how the repair looks.
Old 06-22-2006, 02:06 PM
superuser

Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd

Comes in an orange plastic bag from what I remember. Use a scrap 4x4 vertically to pound it flat, I wouldn't recommend trying to slap it with scrap 2x4 or flat shovel. Use crappy shoes 'cause that stuff gets everywhere!