Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

sidekicks and t-mobile suck

Old 03-31-2005, 10:16 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LOCO is an unknown quantity at this point
Default sidekicks and t-mobile suck

just figured I'd let everyone know lol.

I have a sidekick and now the damn wheel wont scroll, and alot of the time when I open the screen, the screen go's dark and the buttons get real bright lol.
after getting pissed about missing phone calls and 90% of the time not getting my texts when they are sent, I head up to the T-Mobile store

I get there and they tell me that they dont do claims there and I have to do it online (glad I have a comp.) so I just finished doing that, and someone will call me in 72 hours?? so I do without a phone til then?

so I ask the guy at t he store what it would cost me to get the sidekick 2 (remember they have them on sale for new customers for like $200) he told me that he could get me a $50 rebate and could give it to me for $330, damn Im glad i get something for being a customer

I need to go back to sprint, the only place that NEVER gave me any problems

but i want the new motorola razor, and sprint or t-mobile doesnt carry it
Old 03-31-2005, 11:23 AM
Nic
Patron

Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic
Default Re: sidekicks and t-mobile suck

While we're complaining. You remember how my phone got mysteriously damaged at that party saturday night? Well I filed my claim with Sprint on Monday. Lo and behold, after charging me a $50 service fee to replace my phone, which is OK with me in spite of the fact that I pay $5 per month for insurance on the phone as it is, I get my phone yesterday and they sent me someone elses phone! The packing label inside the box was addressed to some guy in Las Vegas. So I call Sprint and they want to send me a box and some bubble wrap to send this phone back so then they can send me the proper replacement phone within 3 - 5 business days. So I ask them if they can overnight me my phone because they messed up in the first place, and they refuse to do that. After getting transfered between 4 different people, I finally ask to speak with a manager, and am told that no manager is available and that they would have them call me on my cell # within 24 hours. Umm...hello? My cell phone doesn't work? Sprint's customer care department is absolutely worthless, and don't even get me started on their local stores. You have to wait 45 minutes before you can even speak to someone. If you have your phone serviced there, you have to wait ANOTHER 45 minutes just to pick it up when it's finally done an hour or so later. I'm convinced that no cellular service provider has their act together.
Old 03-31-2005, 11:29 AM
Banned

arnt u supposed to be working?? lol btw another party tonight, so call when you get off work.

oh and dont let that stupid drunk guy get your phone again hahaha
Old 03-31-2005, 11:37 AM
Gone.

FlipLegend is infamous around these partsFlipLegend is infamous around these partsFlipLegend is infamous around these partsFlipLegend is infamous around these partsFlipLegend is infamous around these partsFlipLegend is infamous around these partsFlipLegend is infamous around these partsFlipLegend is infamous around these partsFlipLegend is infamous around these partsFlipLegend is infamous around these partsFlipLegend is infamous around these parts

If your sidekick is less than 1 year old, you can get a replacement one for free in the mail in about 4 days, that's if they are not on backorder. I went through 4 sidekicks because I kept dropping mine and all I did was call T-Mobile, tell them that my phone died and they would send me a new one.

In order to get the sidekick 2 for 2 bills, you have to be a new non-T-Mobile customer....yeah it's BS.

Cingular is the only carrier for the RAZR and be prepared to drop 5 bills on it and a 2 year contract.
Old 03-31-2005, 01:01 PM
Registered Member

jdmhonda is an unknown quantity at this point

SPRINT is no better. They are terrible. One time the charger they gave me with the phone (the home charger) stopped working. I take it to the sprint place on midlothian, and they have a fucking list to sign your name and wait in line. I wait in line, then finally I'm directed to some bitch at the back with an attitude. I tell them what the problem is, she takes my phone, and sends me on my way while I'm supposed to come back after 30 mins when its fixed. I go and eat lunch, come back, and it's 45 minutes later. Thinking my phone should definitely be ready by now, I go in and notice there's now an even bigger line. A woman at the front tells me that since I was here before, I just need to go and talk to the same woman in the back and I don't have to wait in line.

So I go back there, and the bitch tells me I need to go back and wait in line again and sign my name. I'm like WTF???!? I tell her no, and that the lady sent me back here. SHe's like "well you need to go wait in line". I decided I was not going to be jerked around by these shitheads, so I'm like "No, you need to go get my phone". She gives me dirty looks and turns around and goes "This is unbelievable". I heard her, and I said "No, you're unbelievable". She came and got my phone, and the tech left a note saying "Phone charges fine, no problem". I'm like WTF? I said the charger was the problem.

So I tell another person this, and they gladly inform me that I can't get a new replaceable charger and that I will have to pay $40 to get a new one. Well I glady told them they were ridiculous, and at this point I just left the store. I went over to bestbuy and bought a charger for $10.

Sprint can suck a big one.
Old 03-31-2005, 01:34 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by FlipLegend
If your sidekick is less than 1 year old, you can get a replacement one for free in the mail in about 4 days, that's if they are not on backorder. I went through 4 sidekicks because I kept dropping mine and all I did was call T-Mobile, tell them that my phone died and they would send me a new one.

In order to get the sidekick 2 for 2 bills, you have to be a new non-T-Mobile customer....yeah it's BS.

Cingular is the only carrier for the RAZR and be prepared to drop 5 bills on it and a 2 year contract.

they told me they dont do replacments with the sidekick anymore wtf.
I have to pay the insurance fee . I am thinking of just getting rid of the sidekick when my t-mobile plan is up and going to cingular to get the razor. and yeah I plan on dropping the 500 on it haha. that phone is sooo hot though, its JDM yo
Old 03-31-2005, 03:08 PM
superuser

Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd
Post Re: sidekicks and t-mobile suck

Make sure you get a phone with a smart card, then swap it out to another which also provides you with a different serial number. Phones are tracked using 2 identifiers, one from the smart card (if not embedded) and one from the handset.

If you know why I know this, you don't need to ask why I do this.
Old 03-31-2005, 03:19 PM
Body In Trunk.

RCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond repute

I dont think there is a cell company that does not suck. I have had sprint now for about 4 years and they have been o-k so long as you dont have to deal with a human. dont bother going to the store for service they just make you call customer care from there. what bs
Old 03-31-2005, 05:35 PM
semicolonD.net

eclpsed eclpsed

be with T for a year, you get the cheap fone rates. and i've had them all T is the only place i've never had bad serivce with. everything else has alot of drop out areas, and sprint only works in cities try using that anyone on I-85, or down south anywhere and ur fucked.
Old 03-31-2005, 06:03 PM
Registered Member

mAydAy is an unknown quantity at this point

Verizon has been the best I've used. Been using it for like 2.5years now and I'm happy, more or less. Best service of all of them, in that time my dad had Suncom, Cingular and some others and none got as good of service.

-Andy

Quick Reply: sidekicks and t-mobile suck