Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Richmond Dragway last night thoughts..

Old 06-10-2006, 04:16 PM
Body In Trunk.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Richmond Dragway last night thoughts..

Im thinking ida still rather been there then sitting in an airplane Maybe make it back in time for the next one. I got some new goodies and the car will look like a shit fly
Old 06-10-2006, 05:07 PM
Registered Member

Jason R Jason R Jason R Jason R Jason R Jason R Jason R Jason R Jason R Jason R Jason R

Originally Posted by oxsleeperxo
yea, it sucked last night, don't think it was worth 15 bux and the wait time

i only paid 10 to get in and run.
Old 06-10-2006, 07:21 PM
Registered Member

Fat Nick Fat Nick Fat Nick Fat Nick Fat Nick Fat Nick

Gay as fuck, got there at 6 and barely made 3 runs. Complete bullshit, I told the techs I thought it was bullshit too and they need to start checking cars more throughly.
Old 06-10-2006, 09:25 PM
Registered Member

14secV6 is an unknown quantity at this point

the corvette that blew antifreeze from the 1/8th til the damn end of the track was BS, I talked to the owner of the car right before hand, said he had never been to the track, and that the car had just gotten a rebuilt engine installed... well, after it all he said the radiator hose crumbled in his hands afterward...

I too believe that the tech inspectors need to at least inspect radiator hoses, clamps, and anything leading to a catch can... could have been easily prevented... I sat in the burnout box waiting for that crap to be cleaned up for almost an hour... total crap.

the prep seemed good, they were cleaning the starting line on a regular basis, VHT before the gunslingers.... i too only got 3 runs, should have gotten 5 or 6 if the delays werent a reoccuring issue
Old 06-10-2006, 09:36 PM
rice killer

cobra mike will become famous soon enoughcobra mike will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Fat Nick
Gay as fuck, got there at 6 and barely made 3 runs. Complete bullshit, I told the techs I thought it was bullshit too and they need to start checking cars more throughly.
i was there nick, too bad i dident see ya there, i dident run, no helmet.. oh well its just as good i dident run.. car still in one peice....lol..
Old 06-10-2006, 09:43 PM
Registered Member

JDMS1eeper has disabled reputation

I only got 1 run, GAY! They Kept skipping the CS lane and when they FINALY ran us they would only run a couple cars... meaning I was there from 6pm and ran 1 time. It was bull crapper'roo.

felt like VMP used to be LOL
Old 06-10-2006, 10:11 PM
Shift_N/a

Matt64246 has disabled reputation

I got in 2 runs and I rolled in about 6:25, but the 1hr so wait for clean up and what not seemed almost a waist of my money for just 2 runs...
Old 06-11-2006, 05:09 AM
Slow as Shit

Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow

Originally Posted by cobra mike
i was there nick, too bad i dident see ya there, i dident run, no helmet.. oh well its just as good i dident run.. car still in one peice....lol..
Yeah we were sitting right in front of your car.

Hopefully I will be running within the next 2-3 weeks when the cobra gets back and I get my wheels and spacers.
Old 06-12-2006, 05:14 AM
He's like the wind

MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC

Originally Posted by Fat Nick
Weren't you bitching because VMP techs check too much and you praised the lack of tech checks at Richmond?
Old 06-12-2006, 06:18 AM
superuser

Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd

Should charge a very low tech/admission fee, then for each run down the track. You buy tickets at the gate for each run that can be reused at later events, giving discounts to those who purchase in bulk to promote groups and the weekly racers. Just an idea.

Quick Reply: Richmond Dragway last night thoughts..