Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Richmond Dragway Friday Nights this year

Old 02-23-2007, 02:22 PM
thermal efficiency

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
J. O. BUDS J. O. BUDS J. O. BUDS J. O. BUDS J. O. BUDS J. O. BUDS J. O. BUDS J. O. BUDS J. O. BUDS J. O. BUDS J. O. BUDS
Default Re: Richmond Dragway Friday Nights this year

There will also be twice the breakdowns... Who would race every friday if they could anyway? That's hard on every setup out there...

More dates would be great. Are the workers there volunteers? That would make it hard to run every night... Probably not easy to get somebody to donate every other friday evening, much less every single one.

Just trying to ask the questions that haven't been asked.

Also re: ICU's traction, somebody said it would hook in cat piss, that was my favorite metaphor...
Old 02-24-2007, 06:23 PM
Settled..

ICULOKN ICULOKN ICULOKN ICULOKN ICULOKN ICULOKN

Originally Posted by Rally Red 98
Also re: ICU's traction, somebody said it would hook in cat piss, that was my favorite metaphor...

The yellow one may....
Old 03-07-2007, 07:31 PM
Not Yet

markj has disabled reputation
Exclamation Re: Richmond Dragway Friday Nights this year

Richmond is def one of the low kept tracks in va! They need to put some of there money back in the track like vmp does. MIR is close, only an hour and 30 minutes way worth it nice track and new sites to see every time i have been
Old 03-13-2007, 11:19 PM

Totmacher is an unknown quantity at this point

My recomendations for Richmond Dragway before I come "back" to Richmond...

1) Invest in some better prep/cleanup gear. At MIR someone can oil down the entire track and a split second later 2 or 3 zambonies come out of the woodwork and quickly and effectivly clean the track up in outstanding time. My number one reason for avoiding Richmond this year is towards the end of last season it never failed. EVERY friday night T&T 1 or 2 cars would break causing everyone to be LUCKY to get 2 passes in.

2) Personally I'm glad they pulled gunslinger, I mean seriously it's "street" night and you can easily get 8-10 cars down the track in the time it takes 2 of them to get down the track.

3) Kick fuckin retards doing burnouts on street tires the fuck off simple as that. I'm tired of skating off the line on marbles.

4) Tech, I'm not saying they should enforce "street legal" by any means, but half the time when a car breaks down and pulls off, i look at it and go how the fuck did they let that car on the track...

5) I duno about every friday night i can see how that can and can't increase attendance. But T&T's on saturdays durng the day now and then would be nice. Thats how i justify the drive to MIR now. As it was to get to richmond friday night i fight traffic on 64 on the way there and don't leave till super late causing me to sleep away 1/2 of my saturday. With weekend T&T at MIR I casually drive up in the morning in no traffic causing the trip to virtually take just a little longer time wise then my trips to Richmond, then I enjoy the huge pits and sunny sky and grill out inbetween races and head home at my leasure just intime for dinner.

7) Start calling people to the staging lanes like MIR does. Once the staging lanes grow past the bend you have way to many cars back there and it becomes a cluster fuck. Call up the cars by class and let the non current racing class or the class on deck wait in the pits. This would probably require installing a few more PA's. Also with no gunslinger, you could have bikes stage in the fenced staging lane. This alows me to actually watch races outside my class without flooding the wall by the waterbox and also alows me to spend more time with friends and family racing and not racing.

8) Lastly track prep, don't kid yourself track prep sucks, and it just gets worse and worse as the night goes on. (see complaint #1)

Don't get me wron I WANT to race at Richmond, I have been for over 2 years now, but after the sad end of season performance last season I have decided to move on until changes are made. I went to NEDW a few weeks ago and it was suposed to be open from like 1-5 or something close to that. they had a HUGE attendance, thus they extended the time to 7. Thats what I am talking about. They didn't have to, nor did anyone expect them to, but they did it. I'm sure the Richmond Dragway managment knows there shortcomings, I can't see how they would not, but the fact they really didn't try to improve apon them is what pissed me off last season. From a business standpoint thats not a smart choice, especially since the other local tracks are making/made some HUGE improvements this winter.