Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Richmond 10/13/06

Old 10-09-2006, 10:54 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
teamlegacy has a reputation beyond reputeteamlegacy has a reputation beyond reputeteamlegacy has a reputation beyond reputeteamlegacy has a reputation beyond reputeteamlegacy has a reputation beyond reputeteamlegacy has a reputation beyond reputeteamlegacy has a reputation beyond reputeteamlegacy has a reputation beyond reputeteamlegacy has a reputation beyond reputeteamlegacy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Richmond 10/13/06

Originally Posted by ICULOKN
Man dont get on here with that crap. I had a 1.29 60 foot last street night. This week there will be a gunslinger so the track will have more heat in it for traction.

The problem with street night is the radial tires cars and no power. They take all the heat out of the track, mess up the prep, and drag water all over. The track can not do everything to stop this.....
I was more referring to the left lane. I know a few people felt very uncomfortable in that lane after the 1/8 mile. As far as traction wise, I know why I have a problem there. I just don't like running 100mph and having to white-knuckle the steering wheel to keep it straight.
Old 10-09-2006, 12:29 PM
Shift_N/a

Matt64246 has disabled reputation

Yeah I might be out there to catch a few passes in........
Old 10-09-2006, 02:55 PM
Settled..

ICULOKN ICULOKN ICULOKN ICULOKN ICULOKN ICULOKN

Originally Posted by teamlegacy
I was more referring to the left lane. I know a few people felt very uncomfortable in that lane after the 1/8 mile. As far as traction wise, I know why I have a problem there. I just don't like running 100mph and having to white-knuckle the steering wheel to keep it straight.

I cant talk about your car not staying straight since I dont know it but the left and right lane get loose late at night after many "street Cars" go down it. Thats the problem with no big cars there to keep "Heat" in the track. This Friday there will be 115-145mph cars making many runs so it shouldnt be an issue!

Come have fuN!
Old 10-09-2006, 04:17 PM
Registered Member

onebadeclipse is an unknown quantity at this point

whatsup richard its steve so i take it as there is a street night this friday
Old 10-09-2006, 05:00 PM
Registered Member

teamlegacy has a reputation beyond reputeteamlegacy has a reputation beyond reputeteamlegacy has a reputation beyond reputeteamlegacy has a reputation beyond reputeteamlegacy has a reputation beyond reputeteamlegacy has a reputation beyond reputeteamlegacy has a reputation beyond reputeteamlegacy has a reputation beyond reputeteamlegacy has a reputation beyond reputeteamlegacy has a reputation beyond repute

I cant talk about your car not staying straight since I dont know it but the left and right lane get loose late at night after many "street Cars" go down it. Thats the problem with no big cars there to keep "Heat" in the track. This Friday there will be 115-145mph cars making many runs so it shouldnt be an issue!

Come have fuN!
Hmm, I may re-think it then. Is this going to be as huge as the last street night? I got 2 runs in a 3 hour span, that kind of sucked, I was real savvy with the weather and was disappointed I didn't get in more.
Old 10-09-2006, 06:29 PM
Registered Member

steelers71 has disabled reputation

Man dont get on here with that crap. I had a 1.29 60 foot last street night. This week there will be a gunslinger so the track will have more heat in it for traction.

The problem with street night is the radial tires cars and no power. They take all the heat out of the track, mess up the prep, and drag water all over. The track can not do everything to stop this.....
Prep? no sorry, the problem is Richmond Dragway doing what it has done for the past twenty years even under new management. Not giving a paying public the track preparation it is paying good money for no matter what cars are running. I agree water is drug from the burnout box to the start line, but why they cannot take five or ten minutes to re-prep the track with VHT and then run the tractor is beyond me.They seem to have time and resources on a Gunslingers night. I have been going to Richmond for about 16 years and the track has not changed at all. The last street night there were more cars in the staging lanes than I can remember..at $15 a car I would think I would be able to make more than one pass and at least not spin through third gear on a MT Drag Radial. I know cars breaking is not totally their fault, but if they would take time to really tech some of the cars that come in we would not have to wait 45 minute for them to clean up a oil down.
Old 10-09-2006, 06:35 PM
Desolation

Flinch Flinch Flinch Flinch Flinch Flinch Flinch Flinch Flinch Flinch Flinch

I'll be there, not sure if I'm running or not though.
Old 10-09-2006, 06:41 PM
X marks the spot

Mr.Rob has disabled reputation

i'll be there i really want to hit at least 118mph
Old 10-09-2006, 08:10 PM
Shift_N/a

Matt64246 has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Mumbles
I'll be there, not sure if I'm running or not though.
Bring the SE-R, lol
Old 10-10-2006, 05:09 AM
yea, i'm that guy

fatboyee has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by steelers71
Prep? no sorry, the problem is Richmond Dragway doing what it has done for the past twenty years even under new management. Not giving a paying public the track preparation it is paying good money for no matter what cars are running. I agree water is drug from the burnout box to the start line, but why they cannot take five or ten minutes to re-prep the track with VHT and then run the tractor is beyond me.They seem to have time and resources on a Gunslingers night. I have been going to Richmond for about 16 years and the track has not changed at all. The last street night there were more cars in the staging lanes than I can remember..at $15 a car I would think I would be able to make more than one pass and at least not spin through third gear on a MT Drag Radial. I know cars breaking is not totally their fault, but if they would take time to really tech some of the cars that come in we would not have to wait 45 minute for them to clean up a oil down.

um, it IS richmond that we're talking about. nobody goes there for their "top quality" anything. it's the outlaw track of central va... you go there to test shit out, get the kinks worked out. if you want the utmost et possible... MIR, or VMP would be the two closest... now for the top in prep and so forth, Rockingham or Atco, maybe even Englishtown.

on one hand i do agree with you, i was spinning slicks... BUT, i know why i was doing it. cars with proper suspension/tire package (such as Richard's) can hook in cat piss.

as the season draws to a close, the street nights will not give quite the 60' as they were in the middle of the summer b/c of track temp. Look at VMP for instance... late at night, past the 1/8th gets fuggin scarry... just a thought...

and as far as a "paying public"... it's damn $15. the gunslinger boys are running for real cash payouts, they're a little more important than your average 1.6 civic with an intake and some futura radials imo

it's all relative man... live and learn.

Quick Reply: Richmond 10/13/06