Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Race of Champions

Old 01-01-2005, 07:56 PM
Kicking Ass

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Brian T Brian T Brian T Brian T Brian T Brian T
Default Race of Champions

So I was watching Speed and the commercial comes up. I had no idea what it was, but apparently after looking at the website, basically they invite a bunch of race superstars from various nations where they drive the same exact spec cars around a track in a stadium. One of them was that wierd Honda go-kart, a 360 Modena, and two different WRC cars. I'm looking at the driver line-up and its usually a track driver and a rally driver. There's some great drivers for this event. Germany has Schumacher, Finland has Gronholm, Britain has McRae, France has Loeb, etc. What does America have? Two NASCAR drivers. I believe the event already happened, but its just reshowing this Thursday at 8. I'm really curious how Jimmie Johnson will handle a WRC car. I think it should be interesting. I can't tell who would have the advantage here. Its a tight track from the pictures with jumps and varied turns plus they are using WRC cars for part of the event. But on the otherhand it is tarmac so maybe the track racers will rock. Just thought I'd bring it up since Central is pretty dead except for trashtalking about Skyline drivers and such.
Old 01-02-2005, 07:46 AM
Patron

Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune
Default Re: Race of Champions

I saw this already, the Nascar drivers did ok, suprisingly Loeb lost to a Cart driver in a WRC car, then those bastards disqualified the cart driver.
The Nascar drivers were really cool though and seemed real happy to be there. They were excited becase the never drove ferrari's or WRC cars.
Old 01-07-2005, 10:44 AM

acurateg25 is an unknown quantity at this point

thats how they got the iroc z camaro, back in the 70s they had a race called international race of champions where they used a porsche the first two years i think then they switched to a beefed up camaro, then the americans loved it so they released a street version called the irocz
Old 01-07-2005, 10:51 AM
Registered Member

ClassicJDMCars has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by acurateg25
then the americans loved it
AmericanS love racing other than NASCAR!???

MALARKEY!!!!!!