Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Question for turbo F body guys and other turbo gurus...

Old 04-10-2006, 07:36 AM
EMF Member #12

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
brnzbuddha has a reputation beyond reputebrnzbuddha has a reputation beyond reputebrnzbuddha has a reputation beyond reputebrnzbuddha has a reputation beyond reputebrnzbuddha has a reputation beyond reputebrnzbuddha has a reputation beyond reputebrnzbuddha has a reputation beyond reputebrnzbuddha has a reputation beyond reputebrnzbuddha has a reputation beyond reputebrnzbuddha has a reputation beyond repute
Default Question for turbo F body guys and other turbo gurus...

In the rear mount setups, what kind of oil pump do you guys (should i use) use for the return oil line?

Thanks.
Old 04-10-2006, 07:44 AM
Registered Member

Frost Frost Frost Frost Frost Frost Frost Frost Frost Frost Frost
Default Re: Question for turbo F body guys and other turbo gurus...

The STS kit comes with a scavenge/return pump that they make themselves. Several front-mount guys that end up needing pumps because of mounting location have tried to accquire the pump only from STS; they won't sell it for some reason... if you looked if the FI section of ls1tech.com you could prolly search down a part number for some good pumps. I know that the guys that ran the Incon twin kits used pumps, and had to upgrade from what theirs kits came with. That may be a good place to start.
Old 04-10-2006, 07:59 AM
EMF Member #12

brnzbuddha has a reputation beyond reputebrnzbuddha has a reputation beyond reputebrnzbuddha has a reputation beyond reputebrnzbuddha has a reputation beyond reputebrnzbuddha has a reputation beyond reputebrnzbuddha has a reputation beyond reputebrnzbuddha has a reputation beyond reputebrnzbuddha has a reputation beyond reputebrnzbuddha has a reputation beyond reputebrnzbuddha has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds good, I'll check out LS1 tech then. Ya I doubt they would sell the pump themselves. So people wouldn't try building their own kits like I am trying to do, haha. But thanks for the help. Any other input from anyone would be greatly appreciated.
Old 04-10-2006, 08:33 AM
Registered Member

Frost Frost Frost Frost Frost Frost Frost Frost Frost Frost Frost

A user on tech that you could PM is bboyferal (drop my name if you'd like so it doesn't seem out of the blue), he has the same kit that I do, and I know he needed one 'cuz his return was plumbed differently than mine (different turbo too). He may be able to get you a part#/model#/make or something...
Old 04-10-2006, 09:46 AM
EMF Member #12

Thanks, I just registered for LS1Tech and sent him a PM. Anyone else on here have any suggestions?
Old 04-10-2006, 02:47 PM
Registered Member

sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue

John dont use the rear mounted kit unless you have to. I believe most of the kits for the 350 all mount them in the engine bay right?
Old 04-10-2006, 04:25 PM
speed racer

DLB1994 is infamous around these partsDLB1994 is infamous around these partsDLB1994 is infamous around these partsDLB1994 is infamous around these partsDLB1994 is infamous around these partsDLB1994 is infamous around these partsDLB1994 is infamous around these partsDLB1994 is infamous around these partsDLB1994 is infamous around these partsDLB1994 is infamous around these partsDLB1994 is infamous around these parts

rear mount sucks , i wont get into explaining why, i hope to dont need to
Old 04-10-2006, 05:27 PM
EMF Member #12

Its not rear mount, but in the same location as APS mounts their turbos, beside the transmission housing. Unless someone has a better idea...? I mean, my engine bay is pretty damn crowded.
Old 04-11-2006, 05:06 AM
Registered Member

RICE ETR is an unknown quantity at this point

Just mount it up front

Or if you have a tubular K-member....I might be interested in selling my kit minus the turbo.
Old 04-11-2006, 06:30 AM
EMF Member #12

Haha. Maybe I should have been more clear. This is going on a 350Z, not an actual F Body. I just needed the help of finding a bump. Haha.

Quick Reply: Question for turbo F body guys and other turbo gurus...