Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Power, shower, etc

Old 09-19-2003, 05:55 AM
superuser

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd
Default Power, shower, etc

If any of ya'll need a place to stay with power, warm food, and/or take a shower, head on over to my place if you'd like.

Since those without power would be unable to read this, pass along the word by mobile phone or carrier pigeon.
Old 09-19-2003, 06:22 AM
boys are stupid

SEVENSEVENTYZ has disabled reputation

I think the cell phone tower is down or something - me n Missy have NO service. It's pretty likely that no one else does either.
If their water isnt on, and their power isnt on - their phones probably dont work either.
Old 09-19-2003, 10:56 AM
DILLIGAF?

BadBeck is an unknown quantity at this point

i still got cell service. we dont have ANY water though. this sucks . all we have is power. i wonder if anyone else in henrico has water. i know chesterfield co has water. ugh. booooooo bad storm!
Old 09-19-2003, 11:30 AM
superuser

Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd

Henrico has no power for the water pumps. Just downhill water pressure and water in the lines. Everyone here was able to take showers but it felt like it was out of a hose.
Old 09-19-2003, 11:58 AM
boys are stupid

SEVENSEVENTYZ has disabled reputation

water pressure over here at chris's is the shiznit! chris is a pimp today - chics everywhere

Where is the sausage?!

Last edited by SEVENSEVENTYZ; 09-19-2003 at 12:46 PM.
Old 09-19-2003, 03:26 PM
DURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok

We aren't supposed to do anything with the water. 2 days with this long hair makes for some nasty stuff.
Old 09-22-2003, 04:30 AM

Desert_Rose is an unknown quantity at this point

I have 3 milk jug size, bottles of water. And a crate of 1 Liter Aquafina bottles. Blus 2 "Martha Stewart" 1 & 1/2 gallon jugs full of water.

AND I DON'T NEED THEM!!

So if anyone needs water, let me know. My power kicked in at 9:30 a.m. Friday morning, and I never lost running water. I spent my whole paycheck prepping for this Hurricane and I didn't use anything that I bought.
Old 09-22-2003, 05:05 AM
superuser

Was this your first category 2 hurricane? Learn from the experience and that of others as to how you should prepare next time. Soon, you too can laugh at the H2 Humvees rolling through Ukrops stocking up on frozen microwave dinners.
Old 09-22-2003, 08:35 AM

Desert_Rose is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah it was my first. I COMPLETELY Over Prepared. They made it seem like this place was going to be nonexistant. I am in the Military and "Well of Course" the Military ALWAYS over-exaggerates when it comes to stuff like this.
Old 09-22-2003, 08:38 AM
<3 My Shrek<3

stockkiagurl is an unknown quantity at this point

sad thing is, everyhtign gets nuts liek this anytime ther eis bad weather liek a ice strom or anyhtign....so this time it jsut happened that soem ppl ended up with contaminted water and all...

Quick Reply: Power, shower, etc