Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Part-time jobs

Old 05-30-2006, 05:03 PM
Y U NO REP ME ?!?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Young L Young L Young L Young L Young L Young L Young L Young L Young L Young L Young L
Default Part-time jobs

Hey i was wondering if any of you clubbin people know any places in shocko slip that you would think would be a nice place to work at. I need to make some extra money to pay my bills and save up for a trip to the Philippeans in the winter. I dont go to the clubs much so I wouldnt know where the good places are. I live pretty close to downtown if any of ya know anyone and got the hook up let me know, i could really use the help and money. I can pretty much do any job in a bar or resturanut. saturday night thru monday is the only time I can work cuz i got another job tues-sat.

eliott z
Old 05-30-2006, 05:26 PM
Registered Member

Trookie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Part-time jobs

Work at Tobacco, so you can hook me up!
Old 05-30-2006, 06:53 PM
superuser

Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd

I always have home improvement projects for $8/hr if you are looking for some quick spending money.
Old 05-30-2006, 08:43 PM
Pre-"Crash" Member

growley growley growley growley growley growley growley growley

Originally Posted by Not Stock
I always have home improvement projects for $8/hr if you are looking for some quick spending money.
Like what?
Old 05-31-2006, 03:59 AM
superuser

Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd

Just redid the back yard (tilling, seeding, peat moss, underground sprinkler system). Have been installing roof rafter beam extensions in the 3rd floor, will need to insulate it soon. Drywall is already stacked up there, need to hang it. Electrical wiring for outlets and lights. Low voltage wiring for cable tv, satellite, Cat5e network, telephone. Connecting up the ends for each. Installing two server racks in the walls (requires modifications to support beams). Fishing wire through drywall ceiling in the garage to install two additional lights and an industrial ceiling fan. Rough in the connections for the outdoor compressor for a 3rd floor HVAC, lineset is already coiled under the house. Um... there's lots more as well.
Old 05-31-2006, 04:59 AM
Y U NO REP ME ?!?

Young L Young L Young L Young L Young L Young L Young L Young L Young L Young L Young L

Originally Posted by Not Stock
Ive seen your posts but your always doin it during the week and I got to work my other job. I dont know much about doint home construction stuff, wish I coulda help ya with the the back yard thing. i'd be more useful there.

Originally Posted by Trookie
Work at Tobacco, so you can hook me up!
Your the second person who's said that to me. Ive been to Tobacco b4 its a nice place im definatley tryin there.

Last edited by Young L; 05-31-2006 at 05:02 AM.
Old 05-31-2006, 05:45 AM
superuser

Originally Posted by Young L
Ive seen your posts but your always doin it during the week and I got to work my other job. I dont know much about doint home construction stuff, wish I coulda help ya with the the back yard thing. i'd be more useful there.
If I'm not in Baltimore this weekend, I'll be installing an underground pet fence using a gas landscaping edger, cable puller, and a concrete saw (or maybe a 9" grinder with a few good discs). Send me a PM with any hours you might be able to swing by and I'll let you know what projects are going on during that time. There's always something going on.
Old 05-31-2006, 06:06 AM
Pre-"Crash" Member

growley growley growley growley growley growley growley growley

I ask b/c I need a job. I don't really have much or any experience do house projects like that, do you think i'd really need any carpentry knowledge to do it?
Old 05-31-2006, 06:09 AM
superuser

Nope. I can teach you how to do the stuff as I'll be right there the entire time. Good learning experience for anyone. Several DragVa members have helped (painting, building a fence, cementing, installing stairs, wiring, attic eave storage, sprinklers, etc) quite a bit! So as not to take this thread off course, we can continue via PM if you'd like.
Old 05-31-2006, 06:26 AM
CPL Us Army

jpick_aap_cpp has disabled reputation

you ever get anything up in the fredericksburg area u let me know! but that drive is killer from here for 8/hr. seems like a good learning experience nontheless

Quick Reply: Part-time jobs