Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Paint work / Body work

Old 10-07-2010, 04:09 AM
OMFGTITZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
balls2dawalls balls2dawalls balls2dawalls
Default Paint work / Body work

Where do I go here locally? It's gotta be within an hour of Richmond... and I'm looking for someone doing the work on the side or real cheap. I'm looking to buy a front bumper and paint it, and then paint my hood to match. The car can't be there for more than a day or two either. Thanks in advance for any help.
Old 10-07-2010, 04:34 AM
<========8 ROBBCOCKS

Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx
Default Re: Paint work / Body work

If you want paint and body work.. good luck getting it all done in one day. When a car is sprayed, it is best to leave it sit for 24 hours.

When it comes to paint... you get what you pay for.. keep that in mind.
Old 10-07-2010, 04:38 AM
OMFGTITZ

^^ I feel you. And I don't expect one day. I'm looking possibly for a paint guy to do it on the side at his shop and what not. Like a weekend thing. Bring it on on Friday and pick it up Monday, or Drop off monday pick it up when it's done. That's all. And I agree. You usually get what you pay for. But, when you have the right connections you can at least get somewhat of a discounted rate
Old 10-07-2010, 04:45 AM
<========8 ROBBCOCKS

Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx

Originally Posted by balls2dawalls
^^ I feel you. And I don't expect one day. I'm looking possibly for a paint guy to do it on the side at his shop and what not. Like a weekend thing. Bring it on on Friday and pick it up Monday, or Drop off monday pick it up when it's done. That's all. And I agree. You usually get what you pay for. But, when you have the right connections you can at least get somewhat of a discounted rate
Again.. it depends on what you are going for.. are you looking for cheap quality MAACO paint? Or are you looking for quality grade dupont?

My accord was shot 4 years ago with Dupont.. the clear alone ran me $400 with a discount back then. When all said and done, I easly spent over $800 in paint alone.. not including all the materials necessary for prep. If you want to make it cheaper.. do your own prep work, and do some research into it. After prep work make sure you use Dupont 3901S Final Kleen.. and after you use that.. make sure now one touches that shit with their fingers.

Here is another problem you are going to run into.. Access to a paint booth. Most companies won't let employees use their paint booths for cars they are not getting paid for due to liability reasons. You can do it in a garage, but expect trash in the paint. Most can be buffed out. If there is anything flying around the garage.. once you start spraying the clear.. watch it land right in your paint.

Last edited by Tainty_McFshStx; 10-07-2010 at 04:49 AM.
Old 10-07-2010, 07:19 AM
OMFGTITZ

^^ I work for DuPont. Maybe I can look into a discount

EDIT: And I'm always going for quality. I don't want to half ass my stuff. I have no problem doing the prep work and such. I'm good with research and time. haha